Northeastern - Game Thread

• 193 replies
Re: Northeastern - Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2011, 06:18:02 PM »
I threw up in my mouth after the Fordham game. Serious.

And look how the season turn out.

Y'all is quick to praise and quick to condemn.

Need to calm yo asses down. C'mon now!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #181 on: November 27, 2011, 06:22:27 PM »

^^  a clear thinking man right there

« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2011, 06:24:38 PM »

That was a senior laden team with tons of experience and had been playing with each other for a ton of games. Hopefullly the talent of this team can make up for that inexperience

« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2011, 09:17:58 PM »
I see Marco's point, but unfortunately recruiting this amount of athletes and this caliber makes these things possible. Im just happy this isnt syracuse and the fine situation.

Tha Kid

« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2011, 10:14:31 PM »
Why are the kids or lavin blamed for the inexperience by you?  Its still norm aftermath. But youd never admit that. 

That was a senior laden team with tons of experience and had been playing with each other for a ton of games. Hopefullly the talent of this team can make up for that inexperience
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2011, 12:05:24 AM »

Exactly, season play isn't even a month away yet

Foad

« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2011, 09:49:56 AM »
Why are the kids or lavin blamed for the inexperience by you?  Its still norm

Exactly. This isn't on the staff or the players and it has nothing to do with unrealistic expectations of a delusional fanbase. The real villain is the assistant coach at Florida. Just as last year everyone said what a great job he'd done and how much credit he deserved for the team's success and how everyone lauded him for his recruiting and teaching skills, this year he must take the blame for the loss to Northeastern.

« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2011, 10:16:18 AM »
It's a shame that when Dunlap looked to the bench, all thats there are walk ons. Enough blame to go around on that, norms bad distribution of scholarships, current staff not being able to keep players and the genius decision of rise academy

« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »
One of the more frustrating games I've ever attended.

They had a huge crowd on hand (for a non conference Carnesecca game, minus the student section) and they just didn't play up. Didn't seem like they wanted to be there. Didn't help that the Huskies were on fire from 3.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:49:33 PM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

Poison

« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
One of the more frustrating games I've ever attended.

They had a huge crowd on hand (for a non conference Carnesecca game, minus the student section) and they just didn't play up. Didn't seem like they wanted to be there. Didn't help that the Huskies were on fire from 3.

It was a good crowd. Northeastern shot the 3 very well, but they were also left wide open. So it was easy. I know we've been limited in our defense, but if we can figure out a way to play man to man defense, I'm afraid that my prediction of 12 wins might actually be lofty.

Marillac

« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
The only blame that should be going around is to the fans that expected a group of first year players to hit the ground running.  That doesn't happen.  Many were talking about how Nuri was an NBA player when fiv minutes of tape on the kid revealed that his jumper was disgusting and he would need time to catch the rest of his game up to his fantastic ability to penetrate.

I'm happy with what I've seen...Moe looks like a surefire 1st rounder to me and there is so much young talent on the roster.  I think this is a sweet 16 team next year.

« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:57 AM »
When I look at the 6 guys I swear I don't see any of them not playing professionally in 3 or 4 years with several in the nba. Overzealous fan opinion maybe but thats just how I see it

« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »
I think this is a sweet 16 team next year.

Likewise.  I believe this season could very, well make this bunch stronger next season.  Add two or three more pieces to the puzzle in '12-'13 and I also believe this is a Sweet 16 team next season.

« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:04 AM »
When I look at the 6 guys I swear I don't see any of them not playing professionally in 3 or 4 years with several in the nba. Overzealous fan opinion maybe but thats just how I see it

I don't believe you're being overzealous at all.  I, too believe there are several guys on this team who'll be playing professionally (with a handful in the NBA).