the road to the BET

• 7 replies
the road to the BET
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Depaul 5-11
Providence 5-11
St Johns 5-11

Depaul has at cinn thur 3/6 and at Pitt Sun 3/9(noon game)

Providence has Uconn home thur 3/6 and Nova home 3/8

And just incase you do not know we have
At ND on wed 3/5 and home to WVU 3/8

i think for our best chance we have to win both. With depaul game on sunday at noon i do not want to wait 24 hours to see if we make it or not.

Re: the road to the BET
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
Depaul has the tiebreaker against us and if there is a 3 way tie Depaul will get the tiebreaker against us and Providence.

However in a 2 way tie we have the tiebreaker against providence and providence has the tiebreaker against Depaul.

I don't think much has changed...we need Depaul to lose out and for us to win one game.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:04:33 AM »
the road to the BET...      is a dead end street for St. John's..!!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:13:11 AM »
PC would have the tie breaker over St. John's and Depaul due to mini conference tie breaker as they have a win against the best common opponent in UConn.

St. John's needs Depaul to lose out first and foremost.

St. John's needs to win at least 1 out of the next 2 and just keep pace with PC obviously it would help if they lose out too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »
PC would have the tie breaker over St. John's and Depaul due to mini conference tie breaker as they have a win against the best common opponent in UConn.

St. John's needs to win at least 1 out of the next 2 and just keep pace with PC obviously it would help if they lose out too.

I think it goes by the miniconference record first...Depaul is 2-1 and Providence is 1-2.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 08:24:17 AM »

I think it goes by the miniconference record first...Depaul is 2-1 and Providence is 1-2.

I almost certain it goes to best common opponent as the first tie breaker in a 3 way tie

mkras99

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 11:29:02 AM »

I almost certain it goes to best common opponent as the first tie breaker in a 3 way tie

It's mini-conference record and DePaul has us and PC beat.  We need to win one more and hope DePaul loses out to make it.