New Media Guide

• 11 replies

paultzman

New Media Guide
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Great layout and content. Noticed Sanchez listed as a senior. That clarifies things.

“@STJ_Basketball: Fans, check out the 2012-13 #STJBB Prospectus here. Full Media Guide coming soon as well!: http://t.co/Pfwsorjf

Re: New Media Guide
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
can't he still have two years eligibility if he takes graduate courses?

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »

If they are calling him a senior, it likely means they expect him to have only one year.

Or perhaps it's better to list him as such now and let us be pleasantly surprised if he gets the second year rather than the other way around.

crgreen

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »
Great layout and content. Noticed Sanchez listed as a senior. That clarifies things.

“@STJ_Basketball: Fans, check out the 2012-13 #STJBB Prospectus here. Full Media Guide coming soon as well!: http://t.co/Pfwsorjf

Noted the C.Jones blurb, that he played his summerball on the same team with Jamal Branch.  Guess that explains how he got on the staff's radar!

Moose

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

If they are calling him a senior, it likely means they expect him to have only one year.

Or perhaps it's better to list him as such now and let us be pleasantly surprised if he gets the second year rather than the other way around.

Ding ding ding
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »

Ding ding ding

If Sanchez is a senior then my hunch is he starts, lav tries to showcase him and gets him out the league to make room for jermaine
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:36:41 PM by Chilleb »

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:01 PM »

Ding ding ding

If Sanchez is a senior then my hunch is he starts, lav tries to showcase him and gets him out the league to make room for jermaine

Regardless, it is either that Lavs showcases him to make a case for the league and we bring in Hopefully Jermaine, or he has to apply for one more year of eligibility.  Regardless, all of it is contingent on the idea that we land a big and dynamic forward like Jermaine Lawrence.  If we do and Sanchez is back, we could be a Final 4 team.  If we don't and lose Sanchez, it changes the scenario a bit.

I'm still guessing that Sanchez is listed as a senior but must apply for final year for logistical purposes.  Best scenario is we just move ahead, land Rysheed and Jermaine and let chips fall where they may.  I think Lavin is way ahead of all of us with this recruiting class though.  1 or 2 ships is child's play for him. 

Chilleb

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 11:11:09 PM »

Ding ding ding

Regardless, it is either that Lavs showcases him to make a case for the league and we bring in Hopefully Jermaine, or he has to apply for one more year of eligibility.  Regardless, all of it is contingent on the idea that we land a big and dynamic forward like Jermaine Lawrence.  If we do and Sanchez is back, we could be a Final 4 team.  If we don't and lose Sanchez, it changes the scenario a bit.

I'm still guessing that Sanchez is listed as a senior but must apply for final year for logistical purposes.  Best scenario is we just move ahead, land Rysheed and Jermaine and let chips fall where they may.  I think Lavin is way ahead of all of us with this recruiting class though.  1 or 2 ships is child's play for him.
Def, thought we only had 1 ship and the fact Sanchez is a senior would give us 2. That first 1 IMO has rysheed Jordan written on it. I think he wants to pop sooner than Lawrence wants too.

MCNPA

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 07:24:11 AM »

Ding ding ding

Def, thought we only had 1 ship and the fact Sanchez is a senior would give us 2. That first 1 IMO has rysheed Jordan written on it. I think he wants to pop sooner than Lawrence wants too.

Agree.  Temple and Cusw make me nervous though.  I'm still hoping Cuse lands that Patterson kid and it takes them out of it.  Rysheed is a bigger need I think and is a really dynamic guard.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
If we lose both GG and Sanchez it doesn't make sense to me to replace both of them with a point guard. I'd like another point guard, but not at the expense of size, which we are still a bit light in even w GG and Sanchez.

The BE has legit centers, and we need to prepare for what the league will throw at us.

Branch, DLo and Greene can all bring it up. That's enough IMO.

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 10:28:05 AM »
If we lose both GG and Sanchez it doesn't make sense to me to replace both of them with a point guard. I'd like another point guard, but not at the expense of size, which we are still a bit light in even w GG and Sanchez.

The BE has legit centers, and we need to prepare for what the league will throw at us.

Branch, DLo and Greene can all bring it up. That's enough IMO.

Agreed but you can survive with Obekpa and Jones playing more minutes next year with Sampson and Lawrence all manning the 4 and 5. It's not ideal but Pointer and Garrett can rebound as well.

Getting a talent like Jordan can't be passed up because of scholarship numbers.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:37:18 AM »
Let's first see if we have enough size as is. We have luxury of assessing our needs and then adding a player. Finally, we aren't desperate for anything.