Quincy Roberts entering draft

• 43 replies
Re: Quincy Roberts entering draft
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:33 PM »
Next year he could average 28 ppg, and have a better shot.

He'd be 24 if he stayed and graduated next year. I don't see how that would help his odds of getting drafted. Maybe he should get a phD and apply for the draft when he's 36 and averaging 75 ppg in the grad school rec league.

Are we sure he isn't graduating this year?  He was a full time student for 4 years even if one year he was redshirted in hoops.  Maybe he will and doesn't want to stay in school so he figured WTF.  He doesn't address that in the interview.  Or maybe it's because his coach was fired three days ago and he has a feeling he won't get 18 shots per game under new leadership ergo any small amount of draft potential he has now will subside after another season.

Foad

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:57 PM »
Are we sure he isn't graduating this year?  He was a full time student for 4 years even if one year he was redshirted in hoops.  Maybe he will and doesn't want to stay in school so he figured WTF.  He doesn't address that in the interview.  Or maybe it's because his coach was fired three days ago and he has a feeling he won't get 18 shots per game under new leadership ergo any small amount of draft potential he has now will subside after another season.

I don't know his graduation status. He definitely redshirted as a soph and has a season of eligibility left. Taken at his word he's ready to be a professional baskteball player. I assume without knowing that he was not on the premed track and that whatever schooling he attempted was secondary to athletics. I assume without knowing that he realizes that playing professional basketball means probably doing so overseas or in a league other than the NBA - as it does for 99 percent of all professional basketball players. Taken at Pomeroy's word Roberts was the most valuable player on any team in college basketball in 2012. I don't see how his stock rises any higher, especially at Grambling, even if he has no stock at all. From what I've seen he's at least as good a player as were a bunch of recent SJ grads - Kennedy, Horne , Mason, Brownlee, Hardy - all of whom took a shot at the NBA and all of whom are making a living playing ball. I see no reason to mock him for that, and I can see a reason to mock just about everything.

LJSA

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50:52 PM »
Next year he could average 28 ppg, and have a better shot.

He'd be 24 if he stayed and graduated next year. I don't see how that would help his odds of getting drafted. Maybe he should get a phD and apply for the draft when he's 36 and averaging 75 ppg in the grad school rec league.

If he graduated and still has eligibility left he could have transferred back here without penalty instead of declaring for the draft. ;D

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 09:01:41 AM »
As usual you are ill informed.

I wasn't ill informed.  I was non informed.  I had never even heard of the film or Lee Walzchuk.  I was just joshing.