Recruiting Ratings

• 46 replies

Poison

Re: Recruiting Ratings
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:29 AM »
The word was that numerous coaches contacted moe and Nate and assured them moe was going in the first round

There are still a lot of excellent players who have not made their decisions known yet. How can we know where Harkless will go when we don't know what Ohio State, Kansas and Kentucky's players will do?

Chilleb

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
The word was that numerous coaches contacted moe and Nate and assured them moe was going in the first round

There are still a lot of excellent players who have not made their decisions known yet. How can we know where Harkless will go when we don't know what Ohio State, Kansas and Kentucky's players will do?
guess that didnt really matter to the nba personel that made those phone calls and for good reasons. moe is legit and is a top tier prospect regardless of who declares. i think were all getting stuck up on the fact if he stayed one extra year he would have improved his draft stock instead of seeing an 18 year old kid who has the potential to play 15 + seasons in the league at a high level. moe is better then 85-90% of the prospects that will declare this year.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:06:35 AM by Chilleb »

Chilleb

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

They can't make that assurance now. Still don't know who is coming. No idea who will have hood or bad workouts. I hope it turns true but too many variables still.
they can do or say whatever they want. listen guys our opinion of whos coming out and whos better or who could be better has nothing to do with the minds of front office nba execs. regardless of the fact im seeing a lot of names being thrown out there and quite frankly none of those guys are better or will project better than moe. the guy averaged 30+ in highschool , might have been the biggest mcdonalds all american snub last year when you look back at it and then won big east rookie of the year this year. who really can name 25 prospects without a shout of a doubt that are better than moe this year?

Chilleb

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 11:17:26 AM »

kansas has 1 player that will go before moe, ohio state has 1 player that will go before moe, kentucky has 3. thats 5 spots 25 left. and if you really wanna project for the future not all 5 of those guys will be as productive as moe in the league GUARANTEED.

derk

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »

guess that didnt really matter to the nba personel that made those phone calls and for good reasons. moe is legit and is a top tier prospect regardless of who declares. i think were all getting stuck up on the fact if he stayed one extra year he would have improved his draft stock instead of seeing an 18 year old kid who has the potential to play 15 + seasons in the league at a high level. moe is better then 85-90% of the prospects that will declare this year.

I love Moe but he had work to do at the college level, so that means a lot more work to do in the league. In playing on a team where he logged 35 ( ? ) minutes and ( the team )was offensively challenged he had respectable numbers. But he needs work on his handle, shooting, and to muscle up a bit.

He may wind up a first rounder ( despite what coaches say, sometimes they misguide these kids ) and make a good living but I am not ready to say he has the ability to play 15 years at a high level . I know you said potential. I'd be more ready to accept that if he put in a second year and I saw the improvements in his game.

crgreen

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:13 PM »

I love Moe but he had work to do at the college level, so that means a lot more work to do in the league. In playing on a team where he logged 35 ( ? ) minutes and ( the team )was offensively challenged he had respectable numbers. But he needs work on his handle, shooting, and to muscle up a bit.

He may wind up a first rounder ( despite what coaches say, sometimes they misguide these kids ) and make a good living but I am not ready to say he has the ability to play 15 years at a high level . I know you said potential. I'd be more ready to accept that if he put in a second year and I saw the improvements in his game.

While 5 pt 4 reb 15 minute a game James McAdoo debates going pro and possibly lotto....

It's just  different world these days.

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
ESPN just listed 5 Carolina players that would all be first rounders this year-the 3 and Mac and Zeller. Mac was first at #7.