How befitting

• 10 replies
How befitting
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:37:35 PM »
Should have won this game bone head timeout

Geno's layups were halfway down the rim but always rimmed out

Didn't hit free throws in OT

Then MSG has techinical difficulties and the last 20 seconds of the game were blacked out only for it to come back on to see Geno shoot a fade away 3

So disappointing we have to sit on that til next november
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: How befitting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 01:25:35 AM »
Should have won this game bone head timeout

Geno's layups were halfway down the rim but always rimmed out

Didn't hit free throws in OT

Then MSG has techinical difficulties and the last 20 seconds of the game were blacked out only for it to come back on to see Geno shoot a fade away 3

So disappointing we have to sit on that til next november

couple of missed calls also hurt SJU. The goaltending on DJ's shot and that WVU player looked like Patrick Ewing on that dunk

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 01:35:56 AM »
the refs hurt us again. I don't know why we don't get calls. Alexander barely got touched and he got the whistle blown every time. One time Mason was standing straight up planted and alexander plowed him with his shoulder and he got the call. They shot 30 more FT or something very drastic like that I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. You can't win a game like that.

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »
the refs hurt us again. I don't know why we don't get calls. Alexander barely got touched and he got the whistle blown every time. One time Mason was standing straight up planted and alexander plowed him with his shoulder and he got the call. They shot 30 more FT or something very drastic like that I don't know the numbers off the top of my head. You can't win a game like that.

I think that kid Alexander will geta shot in the NBA. Very athletic and could put the ball in the basket. Our foul shooting cost us the game,terrible

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
Alexander ought to get a shot.  He can handle the ball very well for a big man and doesn't miss a free throw.  Very valuable asset in the pros.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
He's tall, strong, and can shoot; Alexander will get drafted after next year.  And after he abuses St. John's once or twice more.  We couldn't defend that guy at all; and this team has a problem defending athletic 4's.

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »
will he be a first round pick? 

kjd01067

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »
will he be a first round pick? 

nbadraft.net has him going 14th overal in the '09 draft

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 09:58:20 PM »
another christian laettner....

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 06:56:05 PM »
another christian laettner....

its hard to predict how successful a kid will be at the next level bc of the amount of work that must go into being successful...some people make the commitment to being the best pro they can be, some don't...not to say laettner didn't, bc oviously i couldnt possibly know that...but it stands to reason if your an outstanding college player and you work your butt off in the pros, your will not be a bust...maybe you wont be mj, but you certainly won't be a bust

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 10:18:57 PM »
How about Alexander saw no time as a freshman...NONE.