Sean Evans

• 12 replies

sjd8886

Sean Evans
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:32:17 PM »
ive been kind of impressed by his development this season...i went from cursing norm's name every time he put evans in earlier this season to enjoying evans in the game...hes one of very few members on this team that dont mind driving ALL THE WAY to the basket, unlike our usual drive to 3 feet away from the basket and pulling it out...hes a good sized forward who seems to have alot of upside...and even though i think he has the potential to be a good player right now i see him being a ryan williams type player down the line, but hopefully a little more productive

Re: Sean Evans
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 02:03:56 PM »
I agree- & he's a true freshman

Look forward to his Growrh over next 3 years
Molloy '71

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »
I don't see him as a starter in the B.E. but he is a solid back up
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »
he's improved light years since those first few games.  Lets see what a full summer of work does for him.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 06:20:25 PM »
His steal/breakaway/finish today was perhaps the play of the year IMO.  Great job, I look forward to watching him improve. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 06:46:17 PM »
he reminds me of a more raw and taller anthony glover.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 03:00:08 PM »
ive been kind of impressed by his development this season...i went from cursing norm's name every time he put evans in earlier this season to enjoying evans in the game...hes one of very few members on this team that dont mind driving ALL THE WAY to the basket, unlike our usual drive to 3 feet away from the basket and pulling it out...hes a good sized forward who seems to have alot of upside...and even though i think he has the potential to be a good player right now i see him being a ryan williams type player down the line, but hopefully a little more productive

He gets himself under the basket when a shot goes up, and often comes down with the ball. If he can learn to play d w out fouling, and if he can develop a back to the basket game, too, he can be a solid big man off the bench, who won't back down physically.

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
He reminds me of a football player trying to learn basketball on the Big East level.

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Just think, we almost had a post without a negitive.................almost

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 06:30:50 PM »
Anyone see Terrell Owens play basketball before?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

jsk

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 12:15:41 AM »
Yes, I once asked Terrell which sport he liked better, basketball or football...... answer was basketball, but his football skills were better. Really?....I reckon that's true!

sjd8886

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »
He reminds me of a football player trying to learn basketball on the Big East level.

the best part about this kids game is just that, he really hasnt ever given basketball 100% of his time...who knows exactly how much this kid did in the offseason and how much priority he gave to basketball over football...i may be wrong but i thought he picked basketball over football, which was his main passion, pretty much right before the spring signing period...he may not develop until his senior year but if he does develop, whenever it is, and he's contributing a good amount, you'll prob thank god we signed him bc, well, there really wasn't then or isn't now, anyone else on the radar for this team to recruit

kjd01067

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 10:48:11 AM »
I think Sean can grow alot as a player in the next couple years.  As a guy who played both football and basketball in high school I know it can sometimes be hard to balance the two.  Football is all about power and speed, so im sure sean was in the weight room alot in hs.  Then when it comes time for basketball season you have to get into a totally different mind frame.  Instead of running for 10sec and getting 30sec off, you maybe be running for 5 mins straight.  Sometimes it is hard to know how much bodying up you can do underneath so as we saw this year there are games when you are way to agressive and others where you feel like you cant touch a guy or you will get called for it.  Im guessing this is the first year in Sean's life that he has focused just on basketball.  I am very confident that he will become a very useful player for us sometime in the near future.