Sanchez 1 Year

• 10 replies

Moose

Sanchez 1 Year
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:01:19 PM »
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but on the broadcast last night, they mentioned he is listed as a SR but 'could' get another year back.  For awhile I heard rumblings he would only be here for a year.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:02:05 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Sanchez 1 Year
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
I heard it. Hope its not the case. I wonder what it is the reason
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

jr49

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 04:58:48 PM »
Might get year back if he graduates. He's not a pup, if a contract awaits him we will wish him the best.

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:31:57 AM »

Assuming it is his age.  He's 24 right now.  I'd love to have him for two years, but I'm sure Sampson and Obekpa would be a nice tandem by that point.

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 01:01:46 AM »

Assuming it is his age.  He's 24 right now.  I'd love to have him for two years, but I'm sure Sampson and Obekpa would be a nice tandem by that point.

Yea but wheres the other year coming from? He was only at Monroe for two years, no?

LJSA

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 05:50:21 AM »

Yea but wheres the other year coming from? He was only at Monroe for two years, no?

Did he play somewhere in his home country that the NCAA views as a college?

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

Yeah not sure why he would have just 1 year.  Age has nothing to do with eligiblity.  You could be a 40 year old freshman with 4 years of eligiblity, there is no age rule on amateur eligiblity.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:23 PM »
probably a good thing.  was wondering where a one and done player like lawrence or martin would fit on the team next year with sanchez, obepka and sampson getting their share of minutes.  now those minutes just opened up, and should increase our chances of landing one of those guys.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
probably a good thing.  was wondering where a one and done player like lawrence or martin would fit on the team next year with sanchez, obepka and sampson getting their share of minutes.  now those minutes just opened up, and should increase our chances of landing one of those guys.

I dont think that either Sanchez leaving or one of those recruits coming is as certain as you think.

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »
hope to gosh orlando stays for 2 years. smart well balanced player from what i saw friday night.  keep him and the team together to jell this year and next.

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
hope to gosh orlando stays for 2 years. smart well balanced player from what i saw friday night.  keep him and the team together to jell this year and next.

Agree