What/who has surprised you the most?

• 44 replies

Foad

Re: What/who has surprised you the most?
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 06:06:02 PM »
You just post like a guy who has never played a competitive sport at any level whether it be high school, college or anywhere else. 

Why, because I use three syllable words you don't understand? I kid obviously. I'd be curious though if you could describe the characteristics of a post a guy who never played sport at any level, so I can recognize one.

Nobody who has ever played competitive sports of any type would claim that coaching adjustments can fix everything. 

And of course I never said that and quite the opposite. I have in fact said more than once that I think "half time adjustments" are a chimera relied upon by bozos to explain what they don't understand. That's exactly why I think your statement hoakum. But your statement is doubly adsurd. Usually people complain that we lost because the coach failed to make adjustments; it happened regularly when Beetleguse was coaching and I roundly mocked the idea then - because their was no "adjustment" that could have made Norm's teams less FUBAR. You're lauding the staff for adjustments made in blow out losses. Lavin coached great but boy did they play lousy. I think they played lousy and Lavin flailed around and coached his usual game and I think they lost because they were overmatched and outplayed. If there were any great and powerful adjustments I didn't see them and even if I missed them they didn't work. You might be surprised by that, but I'm not. 

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »
that Foad and MCNPA haven't kissed and made up yet.

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
For once I agree with my buddy Lloyd. I played D1 baseball, full ride (well sat mostly). Obviously you guys should listen to everything I say about everything. I hate zone defense especially ours!

On another note, I was watching a rerun of the Brady Bunch the other day and realized how much better the show would have been if they had replaced Alice with some hot chick in a French maid outfit. Seriously what was the point of Alice? If Mr Brady wasn't gay the maid def would have been some hot chick and that show would have lasted 10 more years.

MCNPA

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 06:19:50 PM »
You just post like a guy who has never played a competitive sport at any level whether it be high school, college or anywhere else. 

Why, because I use three syllable words you don't understand? I kid obviously. I'd be curious though if you could describe the characteristics of a post a guy who never played sport at any level, so I can recognize one.

Nobody who has ever played competitive sports of any type would claim that coaching adjustments can fix everything. 

And of course I never said that and quite the opposite. I have in fact said more than once that I think "half time adjustments" are a chimera relied upon by bozos to explain what they don't understand. That's exactly why I think your statement hoakum. But your statement is doubly adsurd. Usually people complain that we lost because the coach failed to make adjustments; it happened regularly when Beetleguse was coaching and I roundly mocked the idea then - because their was no "adjustment" that could have made Norm's teams less FUBAR. You're lauding the staff for adjustments made in blow out losses. Lavin coached great but boy did they play lousy. I think they played lousy and Lavin flailed around and coached his usual game and I think they lost because they were overmatched and outplayed. If there were any great and powerful adjustments I didn't see them and even if I missed them they didn't work. You might be surprised by that, but I'm not.

You'd be surprised at what I understand maybe.  I was never lauding the staff for adjustments in blowout losses.  In fact never heaped praise on the staff for anything done in the Baylor game.  Read back.  I simply stated that they in fact made changes.  They did change defenses.  Not sure where the lauding came in to play. 

My praise was in the general sense over the course of this early season like us mixing some zone and man, some decent substitution patterns etc.  You're putting words in my mouth which I never uttered and quite frankly looking back, I think we are probably saying the same thing.  Neither of us believe in miraculous coaching adjustments, certainly not in the Baylor game.  I think you're misinterpreting my position on this. 

DFF6

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
On another note, I was watching a rerun of the Brady Bunch the other day and realized how much better the show would have been if they had replaced Alice with some hot chick in a French maid outfit. Seriously what was the point of Alice? If Mr Brady wasn't gay the maid def would have been some hot chick and that show would have lasted 10 more years.

Barbara Eden in a french maid outfit!  Giddy up!