DePaul Game Discussion

• 247 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #240 on: January 19, 2013, 07:33:54 PM »
i really hope he sticks around, i love his personality:

post game video interview:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4741425266660&set=vb.65798051504&type=2&theater

I think he's going to be around.  He's not close to heading to the league yet.  Good player who needs a bit of work yet.  He'll be excellent once he develops his slashing game and gets stronger,

Really like him...he needs to work on his left hand and getting to hoop...

Re: DePaul Game Discussion
« Reply #241 on: January 19, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
Nice win.....lets keep it going!

paultzman

« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2013, 07:54:45 PM »
“@moe_harkless: Johnnies got another W today too! Getting better every game #stjbb”

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #243 on: January 19, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »
i really hope he sticks around, i love his personality:

post game video interview:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4741425266660&set=vb.65798051504&type=2&theater

I think he's going to be around.  He's not close to heading to the league yet.  Good player who needs a bit of work yet.  He'll be excellent once he develops his slashing game and gets stronger,

Really like him...he needs to work on his left hand and getting to hoop...

Yes. Specifically that 1st step needs to get more explosive.  With his oustanding mid-range game and body control, he should be able to get to the rim on any wing/big in the country another year. When we get offense from him in the halfcourt, we're dangerous.

« Reply #244 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
And Section he also went nuts in the first half during an early TO when he thought Depaul was getting too many second chances, 50/50 balls, etc

« Reply #245 on: January 19, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Of course after a win, we still have to discuss how bad of a coach Lavin is.

Is Lavin your long lost son or something?  No one is saying how bad he is but all, as fans, are entitled to criticize his moves if they so feel.  He is not perfect by any means and while there was some good progress shown by the team, clearly the game management at the end of the game from many peoples perspective was suspect.
Good one. I just think it's crazy how much criticism he gets even after a win. I don't chalk it up to bad coaching every time something doesn't go our way. S*** happens. We won, Lavin's coaching had a lot to do with this win.
I like that Lavin is starting to get in player's faces when they need it but also like the fact that he never appears to panic and recognizes when a kid needs a boost...I don't pretend to know what he said to Dlo during a timeout but it sure looked like he was trying to prop him up when he appeared to be frustrated...

Agree.  I would have yanked him but whatever Lavin said, seemed to work.

« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2013, 02:12:09 AM »
Phil Greene is definitely better than Branch.   That should be obvious now. 
Guess we can lock that thread.  Discussion over. 

On point and funny!

Who said that Mean Joe is better than Branch?

« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2013, 02:18:19 AM »
Are we finally all in agreement that Greene stinks? Or is that still up for debate for some of you?

I'm not in agreement.  He had a very poor shooting effort today in limited minutes.