Recruiting ripple effect..

• 5 replies

pmg911

Recruiting ripple effect..
« on: March 01, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »
Does anyone think we could see kids who have committed but not signed reopen their recruitment because of the new league starting next season. The kids that committed to play for Louisville, Cincy, UConn and going to be playing in a very top heavy basketball league next year.

I don't have anyone in particular in mind but I bet you will see some kids decommit and take a sescond look at schools.

** unless kids leave it doesn't matter for SJU because we have no scholarships open

Poison

Re: Recruiting ripple effect..
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
Does anyone think we could see kids who have committed but not signed reopen their recruitment because of the new league starting next season. The kids that committed to play for Louisville, Cincy, UConn and going to be playing in a very top heavy basketball league next year.

I don't have anyone in particular in mind but I bet you will see some kids decommit and take a sescond look at schools.

** unless kids leave it doesn't matter for SJU because we have no scholarships open

It happens every year. We don't have a lot of room. Looks like our first priority is Jordan. If we don't land him, I think we'll be interested in a playmaking guard.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »

I wouldn't say Lville since year after they will be in a normal conference.  But the other schools that were left holding the bag, yes.
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24:47 AM »
Wonder how Lawrence feels right now about his one and done aspirations, not playing in the BE, on a team drifting about looking for a league, not getting any MSG pub. Of course that ship has sailed as we've added a 6'9", intelligent, committed, hungry player who is also going to be one and done. Karma's a bitch.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:50:48 PM »
Lawrence made a stupid decision to sign on with a team that is only going to get worse without Wright, and has no idea what will happen in terms of conference affiliation. Enjoy playing SMU, Tulane, East Carolina, etc. very high profile there! A 24 yr old national team Sanchez will be better than him next yr.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
It wasn't really the kid's decision.