Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)

• 66 replies

Poison

Re: Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »
Didn't want to make a new thread and it's slightly off topic, but that kid Angel Rodriguez from K-State is transferring. Any chance we could be involved with him? He is from Puerto Rico and there is obviously a huge Puerto Rican presence in NY.

From Miami and rumored to be heading to the U.

Can't blame him. It's a great program now.

What?  They can't draw fans if they paid them to go.  It's not a great program...they had a good year.  They've have good teams before, but it will never be a great program. 

We'll see this year. The were the media's darling this year. Let's see if Larkin can continue to build their momentum. I think he will.

Pete88

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
Wow. Getting it done

4pts 3reb guy!!! Getting it done?

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2013, 05:15:39 PM »
Wow. Getting it done

Playing for Mike Rice is a lot different than playing for Cluess

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2013, 05:15:44 PM »
Wow. Getting it done

baldi doesnt say it outright, but he doesnt hold iona to the same standard.  pretty fair actually

i like poole's game, and i think he will be good for iona right away assuming he gets the waiver.  good fit

Poison

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2013, 08:01:18 PM »
Wow. Getting it done

baldi doesnt say it outright, but he doesnt hold iona to the same standard.  pretty fair actually

i like poole's game, and i think he will be good for iona right away assuming he gets the waiver.  good fit

That may be true, but no one holds their team to the same standard. Everyone hear was bitching about a complete lack of media coverage under Norm. No one was big to admit that it was actually a fair and deserving amount of coverage.

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »
Didn't want to make a new thread and it's slightly off topic, but that kid Angel Rodriguez from K-State is transferring. Any chance we could be involved with him? He is from Puerto Rico and there is obviously a huge Puerto Rican presence in NY.

What?  They can't draw fans if they paid them to go.  It's not a great program...they had a good year.  They've have good teams before, but it will never be a great program. 

We'll see this year. The were the media's darling this year. Let's see if Larkin can continue to build their momentum. I think he will.

Miami will be terrible this year.  If they win more than 15 games I'd be completely shocked. 

PIB

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2013, 07:17:51 PM »

Miami will be terrible this year.  If they win more than 15 games I'd be completely shocked.

I'm a huge UM football fan, and also follow their hoops program. Coach Laranaga is the goods. UMs roster is depleted. The early departure of Larkin, coupled with Melvin Johnson not qualifying and the mass exodus of their upperclass talent, will result in a significant drop off. Add Cuse, Pitt, and ND to the ACC, and the likelihood of their success decreases even further. They are absolutely relying on transfers to fill numerous voids for them. There is no guarantee they will develop chemistry.

At the end of the day there are too many question marks surrounding their hoops squad.

Note: In addition to Angel Rodriguez, they landed a PG from Belgium that goes by the name, Manu.