New Unis

• 68 replies
Re: New Unis
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
Funny how far back the "STJ" goes in the school's logos, and how evrybdy went nuts when we recently switched to it. Seems more like a return.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Tha Kid

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2013, 09:52:10 AM »
Has anyone here played a game of hoops in UA sneakers..?

Haven't played hoops in UAs but bought cross-trainers last year...were great at first until the metal-like stuff around the heel area started poking through the cotton causing me blisters/cuts/etc.  Poorly made.
"I drink and I know things"

MCNPA

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
Funny how far back the "STJ" goes in the school's logos, and how evrybdy went nuts when we recently switched to it. Seems more like a return.

Agree.  I had no idea.  Most in recent years raised on SJU.  I guess the STJ is fine now!

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/34/850/full/4192_st_johns_red_storm-alternate-1992.png

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/34/850/full/3upgh3b8muvfgny1ox8h.png

IMO these are the two best logos we've had. Incorporates the Storm and the City. I would love to see something like this again.

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »
Wow, those two were both atrocious in concept, and pretty bad design as well.  Of course I haven't exactly accepted the Red Storm name so the former comment may reflect that but as the husband of a graphic designer I know she'd be embarrassed to present either of those to a client.

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 05:07:14 PM »
Wow, those two were both atrocious in concept, and pretty bad design as well.  Of course I haven't exactly accepted the Red Storm name so the former comment may reflect that but as the husband of a graphic designer I know she'd be embarrassed to present either of those to a client.

I see your POV, i just think think this incorporates everything we are, with the city back drop and the storm. I'm also fond of these because they were the logos of the team when I was a kid, so i fell in love with them at a young age.

desco80

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »
I don't see the school going back to a lightning bolt/ cloud scheme; if for no other reason than I don't think I've ever heard coach Lavin utter the phrase "red storm".

He goes out of his way to call his team the Johnnies whenever possible.   I always interpreted that as a rebuke of the storm moniker.   
If he has a say in the decision (and I would imagine he does) than I think we're going to see more use of "Johnnies" and les and less of both the thunderbird and the lightning. 

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »

I see your POV, i just think think this incorporates everything we are, with the city back drop and the storm. I'm also fond of these because they were the logos of the team when I was a kid, so i fell in love with them at a young age.

If those were the logos when you were young, well, you're still pretty young.  ;)

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »

Advanced graphics design programs do wonders.