Bucknell Game - Player of the Game

• 17 replies

desco80

Bucknell Game - Player of the Game
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:18:51 PM »
The poll is back...

My vote goes to Phil.   He gets a ton of criticism, and rightfully so after some of those hideous performances last year, but he got the job done tonight.  It pains me to see him take long, fade-away, 2's ... but they were going in.  Nice game by him.    He definitely earned his minutes tonight. 

Re: Bucknell Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:38:32 PM »
Phil, no doubt.  When we took over the game in the 2nd half, he was clearly the man doing rhe scoring.  CO would get the defensive POG for his blocks.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:42:14 PM »
Tonight Green going away.

redslope

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
The silver shoes did it for Phil

DFF6

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »
PG4, and it is not even close. Great to see that we can win against a solid team when our leading scorer struggles through most of the game. 

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 11:50:22 PM »
Not to mention that the guy who I think will become our second leading scorer (Sheed) still hasn't figured it out. Definitely making progress it seems though

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:05 AM »
Obekpa and Sanchez played extremely well but gotta vote Phil. If he could play like this more consistently and give us somewhat of an outside threat we can be very dangerous

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
Dom at the point of the 1-2-2 was what helped turn the game around, so despite Phil and Chris' big games I gave it to Dom.

gman

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 08:52:26 AM »
Phil was never meant to be a starting pg. I think he can have a nice roll off the bench the next two years.  Easy player of the game.

Foad

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 09:15:03 AM »
Dom at the point of the 1-2-2 was what helped turn the game around, so despite Phil and Chris' big games I gave it to Dom.

Not a 1-2-2 shirley. A 2-1-2 or possibly a 2-3, it was hard to tell. Obekpa was flashing from the basket to the foul line depending.

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Just out of curiousity why do we start three guards. Generally a team will start three guards if they are an uptempo or pressing team, both of which we are not. We also can't shoot. Another reason to start 3 guards is if the said 3 guards are 3 of your best 5 players. This is also not the case for us. Start Harrison, one other guard, doesn't matter which one and start Pointer at the three.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:03:21 AM by we are sju »

Poison

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
The silver shoes did it for Phil

Possibly. And on the flip side the white spandex didn't do it for Sampson. Yikes. What was he thinking?

boo3

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
 I thought Sampson hit some huge shots for us in the second half.. Not his best game, but he came though when it mattered.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 10:17:42 AM »
Just out of curiousity why do we start three guards. Generally a team will start three guards if they are an uptempo or pressing team, both of which we are not. We also can't shoot. Another reason to start 3 guards is if the said 3 guards are 3 of your best 5 players. This is also not the case for us. Start Harrison, one other guard, doesn't matter which one and start Pointer at the three.

I can't figure it out either. Branch and Greene haven't been scoring threats, and certainly not shooting threats until last night. I get bringing in Pointer off the bench, because he's versatile enough to spell several positions, but it's not working IMO. I was hoping that Hooper would be good enough to start, so we could attack the zone right away. Oh well.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
I wouldn't even mind starting Obepka, Sanchez, Sampson, Harrison, another guard

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
Agree with not starting 3 guards but last night Bucknell started 4 guards.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »

Not a 1-2-2 shirley. A 2-1-2 or possibly a 2-3, it was hard to tell. Obekpa was flashing from the basket to the foul line depending.

It started with Dom at the point of the zone at the top of the key extended and DLo and Phil around the foul line with Chris and Orlando/JaKarr down low.  Of course they rotated so it shifted.  It was possibly a 3-2 but not a 2-1-2 or 2-3.

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 09:40:03 PM »

It started with Dom at the point of the zone at the top of the key extended and DLo and Phil around the foul line with Chris and Orlando/JaKarr down low.  Of course they rotated so it shifted.  It was possibly a 3-2 but not a 2-1-2 or 2-3.

When we first went zone it was a standard 2-3. A few minutes later we switched to a 1-2-2 with Dom up front. You could call it a 3-2 but Dom definitely extended out further than the other two guards.   Both of them worked great
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.