We wuz robbed

• 39 replies

paultzman

Re: We wuz robbed
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
After watching 3'lo play at a BE POY level yet again...I can't help but feel gypped by the way we spit the bit down the stretch so close to the Ncaa tournament finish line last season without our superstar.

The suspension costing us a tournament bid pisses me off.  And that's before you start discussing the Double G redshirt decision.
The D'angelo I saw tonight was head and shoulders better than last year's version.  Better physical shape and no attitude.  Maybe the "time out" had a positive effect on his approach to life and will make him a better person and player--I would say that bests last years "cost" which I don't think included the NCAA's

Better player ? Yes.
But I heard/saw him dropping f-bombs on a number of occasions last night.   Sometimes at his own teammates for not cutting or dropping passes.   

Here we go again.

Once sat court side at Celtics game. Larry Bird threw out F word more than an entire season of The Sopranos.  Keep scoring D!

boo3

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
 I sat on the court last night.. Didn't hear anything..  Don't change D-Lo... Do your thing.

desco80

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
After watching 3'lo play at a BE POY level yet again...I can't help but feel gypped by the way we spit the bit down the stretch so close to the Ncaa tournament finish line last season without our superstar.

The suspension costing us a tournament bid pisses me off.  And that's before you start discussing the Double G redshirt decision.
The D'angelo I saw tonight was head and shoulders better than last year's version.  Better physical shape and no attitude.  Maybe the "time out" had a positive effect on his approach to life and will make him a better person and player--I would say that bests last years "cost" which I don't think included the NCAA's

Better player ? Yes.
But I heard/saw him dropping f-bombs on a number of occasions last night.   Sometimes at his own teammates for not cutting or dropping passes.   

Here we go again.

I edited the above to fully explain.   
Everyone in my section saw his antics on the court last night.   
But if you read the boards today you'd think Harrison is acting like a choir boy on the court.  He's not.   He's himself.   Which is fine.   I'm all for leaving the kid alone  and letting him play ball.

desco80

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
Then you are obviously either deaf or lying Boo.

But no part of either of my posts said anything about him changing.   
Our fan base has a habit of either throwing guys under the bus or holding them up as saints.     

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
Here is the thing. Reading these boards, several who had at least some knowledge of the situation indicated that Harrison's biggest issue was outright disrespect and disregard of the coaches in practice. There some moments during games as well, but I think the aggregate is what led to the suspension. We will never know. But he is playing, and as long as that fire is somewhat under control, and he is getting along with his teammates and respecting the coaching staff, then it won't be a problem. As far as I'm concerned, he looks by far the best he ever has. That is what I care about right now.

boo3

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
  whatever..

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
Truth be told Harrison wasn't playing well before the suspension. After watch Dlo play these first 2games Lavin is looking like a genious, although I was disappointed w he suspention.

"Lavin is looking like a genious"

careful... those are fighting words around here...  ;)

From spelling purists? I thought they were pacifists.

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 02:12:27 PM »
Totally off topic from whatever you're all yelling about (passion on the court is a good thing), but last night was probably the best I've ever seen Harrison play defense.

Moose

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »

Better player ? Yes.

Here we go again.

But if you read the boards today you'd think Harrison is acting like a choir boy on the court.  He's not.   He's himself.   Which is fine.   I'm all for leaving the kid alone  and letting him play ball.

What would you do if someone kept missing an open man.  Or missed an assignment?  Or continually dropped passes?  I myself would yell also.  Especially if it happens over and over and over again.

Carnesseca isn't exactly a loud environment.  Unless of course during time outs when the music is blasting.  And last night it was not loud until the Wagner fans started chanting late in the 2nd half.  You can usually pretty easily hear things being said.  I didn't see F bombs flying either.  But such is life.  Dee will always be scrutinized here for whatever reason.  Bright side at least he doesn't have a mohawk this year, right.............
Remember who broke the Slice news

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »

Better player ? Yes.

Here we go again.

What would you do if someone kept missing an open man.  Or missed an assignment?  Or continually dropped passes?  I myself would yell also.  Especially if it happens over and over and over again.

Carnesseca isn't exactly a loud environment.  Unless of course during time outs when the music is blasting.  And last night it was not loud until the Wagner fans started chanting late in the 2nd half.  You can usually pretty easily hear things being said.  I didn't see F bombs flying either.  But such is life.  Dee will always be scrutinized here for whatever reason.  Bright side at least he doesn't have a mohawk this year, right.............
No but that stripe in his eyebrow defiantly says terrorist! I heard that is a sign that your are part of al Qaida.
Cougar O' Malley

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 05:21:30 PM »
Give Harrison a ton of credit. A lot of kids would have walked. He not only complied with the requirements of his suspension, but dedicated himself to getting in top shape emotionally and physically.  He still has to hold things together, but it appears he is going in the right direction. I am going to enjoy him having a super season.

Btw, also give credit to Primo for hanging in there in that NCAA debacle. Where would we be without these two guys this year?

Moose

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 07:03:28 PM »
Give Harrison a ton of credit. A lot of kids would have walked. He not only complied with the requirements of his suspension, but dedicated himself to getting in top shape emotionally and physically.  He still has to hold things together, but it appears he is going in the right direction. I am going to enjoy him having a super season.

Btw, also give credit to Primo for hanging in there in that NCAA debacle. Where would we be without these two guys this year?

Also to note on Primo I saw some people saying he didn't look good last night or hasn't looked good so far.  Well last night he had 8 and 8 and small sample size but he's averaging 6.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg.  The 3 he took last night looked damn good and went in and out.  We have 3 very strong rebounders in him, Karr, and Obekpa.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 08:48:49 PM »
It was a frohawk not a mohawk

bk8664

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 09:02:31 PM »

Also to note on Primo I saw some people saying he didn't look good last night or hasn't looked good so far.  Well last night he had 8 and 8 and small sample size but he's averaging 6.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg.  The 3 he took last night looked damn good and went in and out.  We have 3 very strong rebounders in him, Karr, and Obekpa.

Primo looks great.  Love his game.

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 12:33:06 AM »
If Sanchez hit his three and one of his close shots he has 13 and 8 on a quiet night. I want him to post up more simply because he has great vision out of it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:32 AM »

And honestly, he's probably our answer at backup point guard. 

Not that he would get backup minutes, but if Lavin wants to go big at certain points, Sanchez looks very comfortable bringing the ball up, and passing.  He doesn't do any one thing at an elite level, but he does a little bit of everything well, IMO.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »
Sanchez will get even better this season as he gets more comfortable.  He  has practiced with the team for a long time, but these are still his first real games in a while and he's getting rust off.  I didn't think Wagner was his best game at face value, but he still put up a good line.  I'd like to see him look to his offense a bit more and sooner.   He is one of the more talented offensive players and shooters on the team.  We will need his offense down the stretch this season.

Poison

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
Sanchez will get even better this season as he gets more comfortable.  He  has practiced with the team for a long time, but these are still his first real games in a while and he's getting rust off.  I didn't think Wagner was his best game at face value, but he still put up a good line.  I'd like to see him look to his offense a bit more and sooner.   He is one of the more talented offensive players and shooters on the team.  We will need his offense down the stretch this season.

Down the stretch? We'll need his offense on Tuesday. He's 25. Time to start playing like you have an advantage over every single college basketball player in the country.

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 09:33:02 PM »

Down the stretch? We'll need his offense on Tuesday. He's 25. Time to start playing like you have an advantage over every single college basketball player in the country.
25 is the new 18!  :)

TONYD3

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:36 AM »
I just turned 35 and I feel kind of crappy