Bucknell

• 249 replies
Re: Bucknell
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »
Carmine, leading this team in assists is the same accomplishment as me being the most sober person when I left the BEB outing a few years back. I was not sober but the 5 of you I left behind were doing body shots off of Baldi so I win. Greene is me in that scenerio.

Understood.

ras

« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2013, 10:56:07 AM »
In all fairness to Phil, he was injured last year. Maybe there is a reason Lavin is high on him.  It was nice to see someone pick up the slack when DLo was off. People make it out like he was a 2 star recruit out of HS,he was just outside the top 100.  Time will tell,  can't get to excited by one game either. Like many I don't like him at PG. I see Lavin playing a lot of 3 guard lineups. The problem is, got to give Dom his share of burn.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:59:55 AM by ras »

SJUFAN

« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »
'tends to really slow down the pace and never looks to make a risky pass that could turn into a bucket'.

That must be why he led the team in assists his freshman year and was second in assists last year.  How do you people make up this stuff?

Although Greene stepped up and made some shots, he is the reason why our offense is stagnant. He has zero turnovers because he always passes the ball away from the basket. He never passes the ball to the player in the low post even though they have their man sealed off. He never passes the ball to the player who sets the pick for him and rolls to the basket. He always swings the ball to the weak side after failing to pass it to the cutter. Very frustrating to watch. 

« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
'tends to really slow down the pace and never looks to make a risky pass that could turn into a bucket'.

That must be why he led the team in assists his freshman year and was second in assists last year.  How do you people make up this stuff?

Although Greene stepped up and made some shots, he is the reason why our offense is stagnant. He has zero turnovers because he always passes the ball away from the basket. He never passes the ball to the player in the low post even though they have their man sealed off. He never passes the ball to the player who sets the pick for him and rolls to the basket. He always swings the ball to the weak side after failing to pass it to the cutter. Very frustrating to watch. 

Welp, I guess I was wrong to think Phil bringing us back to life against Bucknell would cut him some slack around here. 

« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2013, 12:21:47 PM »
I would argue coach Lavin is the reason, but honestly it's not like he has Jason Kidd, Baron Davis or Gary Payton running the point... Oh wait he said he does ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:22:25 PM by we are sju »

jr49

« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2013, 05:15:58 PM »
people should also keep in mind that when we made our run in Wisconsin and now against Bucknell, PG4 was on the floor.  at this point, he's much better than branch.

let's not write him off.
Branch looks sad on the bench and passive on the court. Does he want in or not? Staff got to work him over some and find out what he wants.

Poison

« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2013, 05:34:08 PM »
He has to keep shooting like this to stay in the line up getting regular minutes.

No.  He doesn't.  That astute judge of talent that is Hollywood loves him.  Thankfully Lav gave him 34 minutes against Bucknell.  Just enough to propel us to victory.  The only thing that could keep him out of the lineup is injury.

Phil Greene shouldn't need to be the guy to save us.

Why shouldn't he be?  A proven third year junior with a ton of playing experience and a perhaps fully surgically repaired and rehabbed hip.  Seems like a perfect candidate to save us.

Face the facts people.  PHIL GREENE IS OUR BEST GUARD NOT NAMED HARRISON.  If we are fortunate enough to have any success this season, Mean Joe will be an integral part of it.

Greene is better than Jordan? We'll see.

desco80

« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
I'm not willing to write Branch off.   And up until Tuesday night there weren't many people here who thought Greene was a better player than him.   So lets back off the narrative that Branch is playing terribly and is unhappy.   He just hasn't played great, there's a difference.

« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
He has to keep shooting like this to stay in the line up getting regular minutes.

No.  He doesn't.  That astute judge of talent that is Hollywood loves him.  Thankfully Lav gave him 34 minutes against Bucknell.  Just enough to propel us to victory.  The only thing that could keep him out of the lineup is injury.

Why shouldn't he be?  A proven third year junior with a ton of playing experience and a perhaps fully surgically repaired and rehabbed hip.  Seems like a perfect candidate to save us.

Face the facts people.  PHIL GREENE IS OUR BEST GUARD NOT NAMED HARRISON.  If we are fortunate enough to have any success this season, Mean Joe will be an integral part of it.

Greene > Jordan...Delusional

« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2013, 07:40:17 PM »

At the moment he clearly is.  One day I hope that Jordan will be better.  Top high school player lists don't score any points in Ncaa games.