The Good, the Bad, the Ugly- Fordham

• 0 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly- Fordham
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:00:14 PM »
what is the record for consecutive baskets? I would think 17 in a row is a lot, or some kind of record...New new Big East record?

I looked for it, but it doesn't appear to be in the NCAA record book ... unless I missed it.

Thanks, I am surprise this is not a bigger deal then I think it is...Unless there are a lot of streaks bigger then 17.

Positives to take away:
-This is now 3 consecutive halves that the Johnny's have played really well
-We had a great defensive 2nd half against GT and then we had a great offensive game against Fordham
-Harrison only had 13 points and other players (especially Sanchez) picked up the slack...Maybe it is better the Harrison is not scoring 20pts a game?
-We did not play from behind or dig ourselves out of a hole!
-From what it sounds like the team seemed pumped and the Garden was somewhat buzzed (from what I heard). The Knicks suck and the Rangers are mediocre...We can REALLY make the Garden our home this year and have some nice front pages if we can get our stuff together.

I don't know....
-Did Sanchez really break out or was this a day when everything clicked?
-Is Jordan ready to step up finally or did he play good ball because there was no pressure on him in this game
-Is the Lavin game plan and team finally coming together? Missing free throws at the Penn State game is not on Lavin, however...SJU played craptacular ball in November and when you play like crap don't be shocked if you end up covered in it...

The bad:
-Other posters have mentioned this before, but by all accounts SJU is officially one game back from where they should be.
-Lavin said that this team should be gelled by January or February but if we screw up the "gelling" period of November and December which cost up the tournament, this is a failed season by Lavin's own standards...He even said this was the year.

Reason to be an Optimist:
My mom (who went to SJU in the early 80s) asked me today if St. John's is back. I responded if we beat Syracuse then yes I say we are back. WE ARE!!! ST. JOHN'S!!!!!

Reason to be cautious:
Right now the Orange are favored and they should be...If we lose I don't know how many games it will take to be "back".

As of right now I am looking forward to next Sunday! 
Cougar O' Malley