0-4

• 4 replies

Moose

0-4
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:09 AM »
Saw a tweet last night but can anyone verify.

I think it was no Norm Roberts team started 0-4 in the Big East.
Remember who broke the Slice news

DFF6

Re: 0-4
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:04:49 AM »
Saw a tweet last night but can anyone verify.

I think it was no Norm Roberts team started 0-4 in the Big East.

Great.  Soon we'll start referring to Norm's tenure as the good old days.  Someone shoot me.

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is just an observation. At the end of the game yesterday Lavin looked either confused or shocked by his team's plight. His face resembled Chazz Palmenteri at the end of Usual Supects when he finally figured out Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 10:15:22 AM »
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is just an observation. At the end of the game yesterday Lavin looked either confused or shocked by his team's plight. His face resembled Chazz Palmenteri at the end of Usual Supects when he finally figured out Kevin Spacey was Keyser Soze.

Funny! Or perhaps when Chaz was about to get whacked in Bronx Tale.

Foad

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »

That's because Lavin thinks he's a good coach. I thought when he was hired that perhaps 7 years of reflection on what went wrong at UCLA might have made him a wiser man. Instead it seems - if any reflection at all occurred and the more I hear him talk the more unlikely that sounds - that all that happened was that 7 years of glad handing on espn with all the other failed coaches reinforced his belief that his tenure at UCLA was successful and that that success had a great deal to do with his philosophy. You can hear the desperation creeping in now: at UCLA we started 0-4 and made the NCAAs; at UCLA I benched my starters and the walk ons rallied us to victory. He continues to reach into his old bag of tricks and they continue to fail and he has nothing to fall back on. It wouldn't surprise me to see him break down like Bruce Willis when he realizes that he's one of the dead guys.