Zero points over last 3 minutes 50 seconds

• 16 replies
Zero points over last 3 minutes 50 seconds
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:30:31 PM »
First off want to say I am a long time reader of this forum and respect a lot of peoples opinions who post and that's why I come here regularly to blow off steam after a loss because there is no such thing as celebrating a good win with this team.  This team has beaten absolutely nobody over the last 2 years and don't expect anything to change anytime soon because this team flat out cannot execute (especially when the game is on the line) and they are the lowest basketball iq team I have ever seen in my life and that includes pee wee ball  ( I am a basketball junkie).  They are 1-7 against teams from real conferences and don't remember them beating a good team since Harkless left (only real recruit who lived up to his billing).  They are a total embarrassment of a team to watch because they are so poorly coached.  There still are no true rotations and no set plays they run, just foul, foul and foul again.  I will be surprised if they win 5 Big East games all season.

Re: Zero points over last 3 minutes 50 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »
The year Dunlap coached them every single player improved.  Under Lavin every single player has regressed and that is a fact.  Sampson is awful this year, Greene is a ghost of his old self, Opeka is good 1 foot from the basket and was better last year, the Balamou debacle says it all he un redshirted him because he was a good practice player and that would motivate his lazy starters if he started Balamou and wasted his redshirt to make a point.  He scapegoated Harrison last year with the suspension when the ship was sinking.  I pine for Amir Garrett to come back and have a player that actually cares if they win.  It is excuse after excuse after excuse for old Lav and it really is time he goes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:49:14 PM by LavNeeds2go »

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:53 PM »
Watching creighton play basketball is a thing of beauty. Really solid execution with only one really talented player and maybe two real athletes. It's amazing what coaching can do for a team

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 10:43:18 PM »
Not a single point scored over the last 4 minutes.  We watch a 50 foot 3 point attempt by Harrison, a feed into Achuiwa who has the worst hands ever, and an awful airball from muscle man Mr Sanchez (possibly my least favorite player of all time).  I was so happy last year when they ruled him eligible for this year as king of hype Lav said he was as good as any front court player joining any team in the country.  LOL he couldn't of been more wrong or it goes to show how brutal of a coach he is.  I really believe he is the main factor in this team going backwards. He is in foul trouble 30 seconds into the game and has the worst outside shot ever.  I laughed so hard when he posed with his muscles after he made the layup and one.  He is a man playing against boys and he still stinks.  We should of known when Calipari (head coach of Dominican National team) didn't go near him and has 16 year olds playing on the team.  Harrison is the only consistent player on the team. I am so sick of Pointer they should just stick him to the bench.  His basketball IQ is 0. 

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »
Yes watching Creighton play is enjoyable.  A team like that at home will eat St Johns up.  Tonight was St Johns' type of game up and down but when you foul like crazy every second half and cant execute or score over the last 5 minutes of any game you cant expect to win.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:17 PM »
I'm sorry, but can anybody take a guy seriously who's handle is "LavNeeds2go?"

desco80

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:09:27 AM »
He's not  wrong..

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 12:11:08 AM »
No, because that is irresponsible regardless of the situation.  There was a clown doing S like that with Gary his last year at MD.

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
He's not  wrong..
Doesn't make it right

desco80

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 12:19:14 AM »
He's not  wrong..
Doesn't make it right

True
I meant in reference to his comments though, not the screen namechoice.

And you know full well it was a different situation, Gary Williams won you a NC, he deserved a lot more patience and respect when it was time for him to leave.    He was a program legend who's time was just over, Lavin would be getting dismissed or fired for failure. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:13:53 AM by desco80 »

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:01 AM »
He's not  wrong..
Doesn't make it right

What's so wrong about it. He's expressing his view that a guy who makes 3 million dollars a year to win basketball games should no longer be employed by the university because he is not performing his well in that job. He's not wishing him harm or anything
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:25:39 AM by goredmen »

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »
My issue is that he would make his username something where the sole purpose is to further his agenda to have somebody fired.  I'm just not that big of a fan of somebody who only comes out of the woodwork to express a negative opinion.

Moose

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 08:06:43 AM »
He's not  wrong..
Doesn't make it right

What's so wrong about it. He's expressing his view that a guy who makes 3 million dollars a year to win basketball games should no longer be employed by the university because he is not performing his well in that job. He's not wishing him harm or anything

Half of that.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 11:06:21 AM »
LOL him comparing Steve Lavin to Gary Williams.  Please get a grip of yourself and come back to reality Steve Lavin is a big boy and doesn't need you telling us all how we should be nicer to him. He has done a horrendous job and this team is all his players, no excuses. I did not come on here ripping anybody causing any problems I am a huge fan who is entitled to his opinion.  I am not hoping some $50,000 a year teacher gets fired and cant find any work I am hoping that some smoke blowing millionaire head coach heads back to California and we can find someone else to run he program.  He wants to be a general manager of a college team not be a head coach because he knows he stinks and cant coach and he is starting to show us he is an overrated recruiter because these players aren't very good.  Since Dunlap left this team has been in shambles.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:08:33 AM by LavNeeds2go »

CC

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 12:04:50 PM »

Nothing he said was inaccurate

Moose

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
Does he change his handle when Lavin is gone?
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 12:35:47 PM »
Does he change his handle when Lavin is gone?

No, just goes back to his other screen name.