Mid season grades

• 6 replies
Mid season grades
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:00:24 PM »
Giving us 1 BET game we have  15 more games and we have played 17 so even though the season is over it is really only a little past the halfway mark. Let's grade the worst SJU team since the Pitt train ride.

Orlando Sanchez-we have seen signs. But condsidering all the hype and one year's worth of posts bitching about his eligibility he gets a D-

Jakar Sampson-as Fun noted he is very far down on our list of problems. HoWever he did regress from his promising frosh season. He needs to get stronger, improve his jumper, defense, free throw shooting and become a more willing passer C+

Phil Greene-Lavin is not as reliant on him which is a good thing, but he still plays too much. He dribbles with his head down and is not a good passer. As a shooting guard his problem is he can't shoot. Plays hard and seems like a nice kid but honestly he is a bad player that plays well once in awhile.C-

Deangelo Harrison-would be better suited as a 2nd banana. He is more volume scorer than shooter and is not a great athlete. Was supposed to get more help on offense this season and he has gotten less.Every team focuses on him and I still maintain that a bad Harrison shot is better than 90% of any other shot the team takes. Always plays hard and cares-B

Rysheed Jordan-Has shown flashes and can seemingly get into the lane at will. Must improve his jumper if he is going to take Temple to the tourney next season(bet he requests hardship transfer)-Incomplete Lavin has grossly underplayed him.

Chris Obepka-Was playing well early and though he really has only one skill, it is a fan friendly skill on a boring team. Being a raw project playing for Steve Lavin is a recipe for disaster. Currently in Lavin dog house. Not all his fault but D-

God's Gift-Plays hard, plays to his strengths and knows his limitations. That is extremely rare on this team. Probably should have played more not less as some experts on this board keep suggesting. Gets added points for looking like Clay Davis from the wire. SHEEEET! B+ 

Sir technical foul Pointer-I think a good coach would have molded Dom into a very good rotation player. Has regressed the most outside of Obepka. Might have to send him to hang out with Harrison and Mike Rice over the summer as dude has anger issues. I am a fan of his but D-

Max The Great White Decoy Hooper- Had two good games one of which was in garbage time. Otherwise gets randomly put in and taken out of games. Not used well but for the most part he stands around and hits 1 out of every 4 threes. I don't blame him for the TO yesterday. 99% of the time the refs just call a foul in that situation. PMG's favorite player since Mullin and would like to name a bridge after him.-F

Marco Bourgault- when given time he has out performed the American Bourgault. Lavin clearly doesn't like the French, but I can't really blame him. lol-INC

Jamal Branch-Hasn't been given consistent minutes, hasn't done much with what he has been given. Has been a pretty big disappointment. Doesn't seem strong enough to get in the lane and does not shoot well particularly from three. Usually settles for shooting contested jumpers just inside three point line.-D-

Felix Balamou- Had the greatest week of practice Lavin has seen since he has been a coach. Was such a good practice that Lavin decided to basically throw away a season for him. Must have been some practice!-INC

Rudy(don't know walkon's name) -Had an even better practice then Felix I gather. So much so that Lavin decided to throw away the Georgetown game which has led us to where we are now. Totally not his fault but F

Lavin- This has been the worst coached season I have seen since I have been a fan. And since Norm, Mahoney and Jarvis at the end were SJU coaches that is saying A LOT! F--------

I would have given more F's but I put most of this on Lavin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:09:10 PM by we are sju »

Re: Mid season grades
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »
Zero point zero! F's across the board

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:24:53 PM »
Speaking of Bluto, isn't about time you turned again and started defending Lavin? ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »
You are right on about Harrison who would thrive most as 2nd banana like he did with Harkless.  He has struggled with being top dog but I would still take a Harrison shot over anybody else on this team.  Sampson is 6'7 and has made a total of 1 3 pointer in his 2 years.  That is crazy.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
Zero point zero! F's across the board

Ha. Go get 'em Baldi! Yaa!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:26:22 PM »
Send them all to IONA! 8)

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:43:42 PM »
Speaking of Bluto, isn't about time you turned again and started defending Lavin? ;)

Yeah Baldi's gonna start spewing facts about consecutive sweet 16s, recruiting, etc. now.
"I drink and I know things"