Butler Game - Player of the Game

• 30 replies

boo3

Re: Butler Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »
 Well, from most accounts, it seems the majority of the early season was spent try to convince Jordan to even stay in school.. Not sure we will ever know the whole story there.   

I hear your point though.. I wanted D-Lo, Branch, Jordan to start from the beginning , press, and run.  Way behind the 8-ball now because staff couldn't/ didn't make it happen.  As they say, It is what it is.....

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 08:20:13 PM »
My POG didn't score a lot of points but created opportunity.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
 Good point about the foul trouble, hnk...  Jordan and Branch both seem to pick up 2 quick, or one of them does..  Brach tonight, right?  He got away with it.

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 08:47:15 PM »
I was between Branch and Jordan.  Both had their best games of the year thus far, but I went with Jordan. 

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
Jakarr.  His stat line is pretty.

desco80

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 11:20:26 PM »
Btw kudos to Gift, he's not the POG or anything, but he gave another solid performance. 
I'll admit he's giving us much more than I expected.   Much more.  He is perfect for this limited role as a backup.   Frankly I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had him for another year. 

redslope

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 12:31:15 AM »
Btw kudos to Gift, he's not the POG or anything, but he gave another solid performance. 
I'll admit he's giving us much more than I expected.   Much more.  He is perfect for this limited role as a backup.   Frankly I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we had him for another year. 
I like Branch's 8 A's and no TO's.  Agree with a shout out to Gift--he caught a great pass in to the low post for a bucket and even made a dribble move to the basket on Martin.  Need contributions from all.  Even Hooper contributed the go ahead basket today.  Sir showed positive on his block where he did not stop but followed it an caught the save and sent court length pass for a lay in.

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 08:55:03 AM »

Must say Gift added physicality to interior defense & hit all his lay ups. Even posted up nicely a few times in past two games. Exactly what we need from him. Kudos !

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 09:35:22 AM »
Give coach player if the game. He has gotten blasted on here the last few weeks. Which he deserved . 3 in a row is good. Good job coach.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »
Karr because they had no answer for him and he played under control.

Sheed because he had a great all-around game.  I love those plays they set up for him where we spread four guys along the baseline and he goes to work from the top of the key.  If we're being guarded man they should run this more often.

Jamal because he played a very heady game and he is the best pure point guard on the team.

Phil because he was back at the hotel. ;)

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 01:23:08 PM »
Karr because they had no answer for him and he played under control.

Sheed because he had a great all-around game.  I love those plays they set up for him where we spread four guys along the baseline and he goes to work from the top of the key.  If we're being guarded man they should run this more often.

Jamal because he played a very heady game and he is the best pure point guard on the team.

Phil because he was back at the hotel. ;)

I can see them doing this more often if we need a shot with Harrison on one side and Hooper on the other.  Probably Sanchez and Sampson as the other two.