Felix's redshirt

• 14 replies
Felix's redshirt
« on: January 19, 2014, 11:55:40 PM »
I have a question about Felix's red-shirt situation.  He has only played sparingly in 2 games would St. John's still be able to use this year as a redshirt?  The reason Kevin Ware of louisville played in games early in the season and now he is redshirting.  My only guess would be that Ware's would be medical. 

Re: Felix's redshirt
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:44:07 AM »
No, unless he gets hurt. Also I believe they could redshirt next year though.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:39:52 AM »
You get 5 years to use your 4 years. Only one redshirt year allowed. Expection possible due to injury

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 03:21:40 AM »
No, unless he gets hurt. Also I believe they could redshirt next year though.
Why don't we just redshirt the poor kid until his eligibility runs out? Already had him sit out 10 games than hardly use him and people talk about redshirting him again?  ???

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 06:45:37 AM »
Im sure this is lavins plan.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

LJSA

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
I guess if you were a poster who believed that it was a package deal to begin with, and you also believe Obekpa is as good as gone, then I guess you would be within your right to believe that Balamou is being purposely screwed with to force a transfer.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 07:44:34 PM »
And Felix is good friends with Cheick Diallo. 

Does anyone know if he actually went back to Mali?

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 07:50:56 PM »
How is this kid being screwed. He is on scholarship . Getting meals, housing, and an education paid for . If he was a better basketball player he would play more . He is a shooting guard. If he wants to play he has to shoot, dribble, and pass like a big east player . I don't think he can do any of those things . Maybe I just a jerk. But I think he is getting treated better then fine.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »
How is this kid being screwed. He is on scholarship . Getting meals, housing, and an education paid for . If he was a better basketball player he would play more . He is a shooting guard. If he wants to play he has to shoot, dribble, and pass like a big east player . I don't think he can do any of those things . Maybe I just a jerk. But I think he is getting treated better then fine.

Nobody is saying he should be upset at his playing time. He got a raw deal by Lavin taking the redshirt off him and then not using him costing him a year of eligibility

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:58 PM »
Felix's mom is seriously ill. I think he his hoping to get back home to see her. His top priority right now is his family and not basketball. This is totally appropriate from my perspective.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »

Nobody is saying he should be upset at his playing time. He got a raw deal by Lavin taking the redshirt off him and then not using him costing him a year of eligibility

It looks really bad right now, but there is still time left.  I like this kid more than pretty much everybody else on these boards.  I'll say that I don't think we'd be 0-5 if Dom's minutes were swapped with Balamou's. 

I hope to see him getting more and more minutes.  He defends, he is active on both sides of the glass, he's ridiculously athletic, and , perhaps most importantly, he doesn't try to play outside of his abilities like several others on this roster. 

If he doesn't end up getting utilized I will be pretty pissed, because his potential with three years remaining after this season would have been scary. 

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »

It looks really bad right now, but there is still time left.  I like this kid more than pretty much everybody else on these boards.  I'll say that I don't think we'd be 0-5 if Dom's minutes were swapped with Balamou's. 

I hope to see him getting more and more minutes.  He defends, he is active on both sides of the glass, he's ridiculously athletic, and , perhaps most importantly, he doesn't try to play outside of his abilities like several others on this roster. 

If he doesn't end up getting utilized I will be pretty pissed, because his potential with three years remaining after this season would have been scary. 

Agree on all points. I think regardless of his moms health (hope she is ok!) that lav was/is still going to try and get the redshirt
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »
Plenty of room for Felix in New Ro. Both he and Jones should have jumped ship

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 10:29:27 PM »
Agree with everything you guys said positively about Felix . Plus he is not a good shooter, dribbler, or passer . Those are not qualities u want in a guard. Hope his mom is ok . Don't see this guy ever contributing at this level.

lihoop

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
Baldi - are you the new DOBO at Iona?