Winning & Impressing Recruits

• 11 replies

Wods317

Re: Winning & Impressing Recruits
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »
We all know Lavin is a top notch recruiter. If we couple that with a consistent winning program we will get a lot of very talented kids. Winning cures a lot of things.

hnk

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:19:20 PM »
Diallo, Brisco, Govan.....let's get the trifecta.

PIB

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 12:50:54 PM »

Amen.

tnice

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 01:07:18 PM »

Or is it more likey they're going harder after Govan because they feel Diallo is not as strong a lean as he was reported to be? Anyone? Bueller?

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:11:56 PM »

Or is it more likey they're going harder after Govan because they feel Diallo is not as strong a lean as he was reported to be? Anyone? Bueller?

They had Diallo in for a game last week.  Why do you say they are going harder after Govan?

hnk

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
I think it's just timing.  All legit targets and part of the Feb. recruiting gel.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
I'm not a big believer in the whole winning in front of recruits has all that much sway.  I do think that the atmosphere of the garden when the fans are pumped has some but in the end top recruits are always going to see the winning.  I mean G-Town has a top ten class coming in and they have been mediocre. 

As they said "Get in good with the father, you are home free." "Like a Bird"

tnice

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 01:36:07 PM »

They had Diallo in for a game last week.  Why do you say they are going harder after Govan?

I meant they've increased their attention to Govan. My understanding is they weren't really involved until recently, so theyre going after him harder than they were. I didn't mean they want him more than Diallo..no way that's the case.

kg44

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »
It's nice to see us in the mix for top talent in 2015.

We will have at least 7 scholarhips open up prior to the start of 2015 (possibly more depending on whether Sampson, Obekpa, Jordan leave).  With no recruits yet on board for 2014, I'm curious to see what the staff has in mind.  I'd hate to see another 7-8 man class in 2015. 

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:29 PM »

I meant they've increased their attention to Govan. My understanding is they weren't really involved until recently, so theyre going after him harder than they were. I didn't mean they want him more than Diallo..no way that's the case.

Got it.  Sometimes, it's the case that the case is now showing more interest.  I think maybe us winning is making Govan look at us more.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

I'll play Bueller. From my understanding Diallo is more of a PF and Govan is more of a center so no reson not to go hard after both only surprise is we didn't get involved with a talented local big like Govan sooner. And for those of you who will respond with there is plenty of time-true-but sometimes a kid is impressed by who recruited him first and longest.