No Excuses on Sunday

• 28 replies

Tiznow

Re: No Excuses on Sunday
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 11:48:59 PM »
It's not gonna snow. You probably have off from work Monday. We're playing our rival. We've won 7 of 8 and are squarely on the NCAA bubble. I don't care if it costs you 35 dollars. Get to MSG.

Georgetown people will be there.  Time for our fans to make this our home court.

Glad I was wrong about the Georgetown people.  Redmen fans came out and made this a home court from the introductions through the final horn.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 09:47:36 AM »
In Phoenix for a conference. 10,300 fans showed up for the GTown. I am a little disappointed with that number. we need to start getting crowds of 15 to 17 thousand.

TONYD3

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
Will be sold out for big  semis

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »
As long as we continue to win  more and. Ore  people will show up. Despite the attendance the Garden has been buzzing. I was suprised that their were only 10,000 people at the MSG, it sounded like more.
Cougar O' Malley

Tiznow

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »
It was a large 10,000.  Georgetown people did not show up.  I guess they saw it coming.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
It was a large 10,000.  Georgetown people did not show up.  I guess they saw it coming.

There were a lot of Georgetown fans at the game. Taking a quick 15-0 lead to start the game kept them quiet. Only heard their stupid song once, when they cut the lead to 7 pts.

NYCoffey

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:52 PM »
Gotta give credit to the one Georgetown fan that would screech at every St. Johns free throw attempt. I watched from home and it got on my nerves.

Tiznow

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »

There were a lot of Georgetown fans at the game. Taking a quick 15-0 lead to start the game kept them quiet. Only heard their stupid song once, when they cut the lead to 7 pts.

I agree with you that the early romp shut them up.  However, when they cut it to seven there was not much noise.   Many in my section are at every game.  We were expecting a larger Hoya presence.  I would peg it at least an 80% Johnny crowd.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:38 PM »

I agree with you that the early romp shut them up.  However, when they cut it to seven there was not much noise.   Many in my section are at every game.  We were expecting a larger Hoya presence.  I would peg it at least an 80% Johnny crowd.
Amazing how people at the same games can hear things so differently. I agree with poster who said when Gtown cut lead to 7 you could hear their fans in full throat. On the other hand it was our most lively crowd of season and I think our improved play has definitely gotten our fans energized and actually off their hands and making some noise. Hope late start and more snow doesn't set things back tomorrow.