Looking ahead

• 175 replies

dR3w

Re: Looking ahead
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2014, 02:42:45 PM »
Call me crazy but I think we are in a good position to make a very nice run in the BE tournament. If we are on, we have the potential to beat anyone on our court.

Okay.  I'll bite.  You're crazy.  This team has been limping down the stretch.  I'm not saying they can't do it, but most teams just can't press a button and suddenly excel, when they have been struggling.  I don't know how many times I have seen these predictions over the last few years.   I'll have to see it to believe it.

« Reply #161 on: March 03, 2014, 03:59:28 PM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

Do you know her? Are u from Saratoga?
Yeah, from the Spa City since 74, before that  LI, Floral Park.  Don't know her but she still lives there, see her around.  Remember when she was a kid chipping on her front lawn

I have lived in Wilton my whole life and work in Saratoga

Good to see we are represented well. Im from Ballston Lake

I lose my money in Saratoga every summer.

« Reply #162 on: March 03, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »

LJSA

« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2014, 04:21:26 PM »
He is free to go where ever he likes. 

. . . Including back here just in time for the next loss when he signs up using a different IP address.

« Reply #164 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:29 PM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

Yeah, from the Spa City since 74, before that  LI, Floral Park.  Don't know her but she still lives there, see her around.  Remember when she was a kid chipping on her front lawn

I lose my money in Saratoga every summer.

we all do ;)  That's why its every summer and not just the last one.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2014, 06:52:19 PM »
Call me crazy but I think we are in a good position to make a very nice run in the BE tournament. If we are on, we have the potential to beat anyone on our court.

Okay.  I'll bite.  You're crazy.  This team has been limping down the stretch.  I'm not saying they can't do it, but most teams just can't press a button and suddenly excel, when they have been struggling.  I don't know how many times I have seen these predictions over the last few years.   I'll have to see it to believe it.
Dr3w
I will say if the season ended today...we will play Xavier.  I like our chances BC is not easy beating a team 3x in a row.....but then again its st. johns....if we lose 3x we don't deserve to play in the tourney.

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
Need2go goes and Linda shows up.....hmmmmm

Put your thumb back in your mouth idiot.  As I have stated on numerous occasions, I will make my final comments on the team's performance after the seasons so that 2 year olds like yourself repeat the same nice personic crap saying how I only show up after losses (which this last game happened not to be). My comments on the player of the game had nothing to do with the teams performance as I was simply citing why CO was the difference maker. Challenge yourself to some Candyland, it would certainly stretch your thinking capacity.

DFF6

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:12 PM »

Put your thumb back in your mouth idiot.  As I have stated on numerous occasions, I will make my final comments on the team's performance after the seasons so that 2 year olds like yourself repeat the same nice personic crap saying how I only show up after losses (which this last game happened not to be). My comments on the player of the game had nothing to do with the teams performance as I was simply citing why CO was the difference maker. Challenge yourself to some Candyland, it would certainly stretch your thinking capacity.

Say hi to Needs2go on the outside looking in. But don't worry because BEB is always Fun! 

hnk

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »
needs2go goes and Linda shows up....

« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2014, 07:51:51 PM »

Someone's panties are in a bunch.

NYCoffey

« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »
I can only imagine Lavin and Keady are sitting there, looking at the interweb screen wondering what they should do next. And they won't know what to do because Larry, sorry Linda isn't giving his,  I mean, her assessment. Until the assessment comes out we can't move forward as a program. Too many variables and everyone is stupid except him, or her.

TONYD3

« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »
Think Oliver purnel or anyone from DePaul would characterize Harrison a train wreck after Sundays game?

dR3w

« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2014, 10:04:05 PM »

Dr3w
I will say if the season ended today...we will play Xavier.  I like our chances BC is not easy beating a team 3x in a row.....but then again its st. johns....if we lose 3x we don't deserve to play in the tourney.

I don't think it is as bad a match-up as people have said (StJ vs Xav). If the team could have made some shots last game, we could have won.  Plus we let their big guy score inside.  I hope that the coaches can go to school on the last game, and find a way to not let that happen again.

I don't think there is a team in the BE that is that great.  I think StJ really could win the BE tournament, and I haven't thought that in quite some time …  but it is always something with this team.  They seem to make just enough bad plays to lose games.   This team plays awful with the lead … why is that?

I really hope they turn it around, but I have been hoping that for a LONG time.

cjfish

« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »

Wow, didn't realize there were this many of us. I'm also from Wilton.

What schools and years?  Went to Fordham (1970) but hung around Union Tpke. (mostly Sams) being a commuter.  SJU fan since the Lapchik days 

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »

Wow, didn't realize there were this many of us. I'm also from Wilton.

What schools and years?  Went to Fordham (1970) but hung around Union Tpke. (mostly Sams) being a commuter.  SJU fan since the Lapchik days 

JJ reunion in August at Siro's?  We could get Doc to go.  He's got a jones for the nags.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:33:21 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
I live in Gansevoort............exit 17N.