Evil Genius?

• 25 replies
Re: Evil Genius?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »
OMG!  Why do we posters think we know more about the players than the coaches who are experts, see and talk to the kids everyday and know how well they are adjusting to the game?  Adjusting to college is hard enough for any kid.  Playing basketball adds to it.  Dealing with being away from home while you have a sick mother makes it doubly difficult.  Rysheed was not ready, day one, to run the team.  He had a learning curve.  While he showed flashes early on, Fordham was the first game where I sensed that things really clicked.  He is doing well know.  Let's not insist that we know he would have come along faster had he been thrown to the wolves.

Yeah you are right we were much better off with the only point guard playing above HS JV level who dribbles with his head down.
Whatever I guess I have to let it go, we win Tuesday and 3-2 over final 5 games(at least 1 BET) gets us in.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 03:36:16 PM »
Agree, Lavin is an evil genie's ass.  Anyone who can spin a lackluster performance into a great success (and actually have people on this and other sites believe him) is an evil genius.   ;D

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 07:20:01 PM »
Jordan more talented than Jackson? Than Seiden?Than Loughery? And that is to mention only a few. Short memories and gross exaggeration. And if Jordan had started from game 1? Maybe he would have toren his acl. Who knows. Speculation and conjecture. We still have games to play. That should be the focus.

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 08:34:57 PM »
Jordan more talented than Jackson? Than Seiden?Than Loughery? And that is to mention only a few. Short memories and gross exaggeration. And if Jordan had started from game 1? Maybe he would have toren his acl. Who knows. Speculation and conjecture. We still have games to play. That should be the focus.
Mark Jackson is my 3rd favorite Redman of all time. By talent I meant physically which Jordan possesses and Jackson despite being an underrated jumper had none. .

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »
Jackson had no physical talent? Really? He got by with passion and prayer for a longer NBA career than Jordan can hope to have. Amazing. Maybe that career and NCAA assist record was all due to his Mom's ice cream cheers.

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »
Jackson had no physical talent? Really? He got by with passion and prayer for a longer NBA career than Jordan can hope to have. Amazing. Maybe that career and NCAA assist record was all due to his Mom's ice cream cheers.

Jackson was one of the best passers in NBA history, was strong, had good size for a point guard and was an underrated jumper. Was also as I mentioned my 3rd favorite SJU player of all time. HOWEVER if you put Jordan and Jackson through an NFL type combine type thing of athletic skills Jordan would kill him in most every facet. That was my only point. If you can't see that Jordan has more ATHLETIC ability than Jackson had than I really don't know what to tell you?
Let me let you in on another thing you might not have realized. Hall of famer Chris Mullin barely had more athleticism than a fire hydrant. That is not meant as a dig at Mullin or Jackson, but rather a testament of how great they were.
I stick to my assertion that Jordan is the most athletically gifted point we have ever had. Not close really. Does not mean his career will be even better than Jason Buchanon, just stated a simple fact.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:20:33 AM by we are sju »