Amazing how.....

• 27 replies

LJSA

Re: Amazing how.....
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »
To get to 70 points a game w/o Sampson, Harrison and Jordan will have to combine for close to 40 points a game.

I think they get 35. Close enough?

cjfish

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
I think they get 35 easily, someone has to score. Pinter could contribute......10/5/3 if he gets the time (28) and learns to think, not rush and take a 12 footer. (anything longer banned)..

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »
We did so many things poorly these last two years.  You have to be good before you can be great, and we simply weren't good.  We were awful or spectacular, but never good or consistent.

Sampson could be lethal on the right team in the right role.  That team wasn't St. John's and tht role certainly was not what he played.  He killed us on the defensive end all year and on the offensive end at the end of nearly every key game.  He couldn't buy the front end of a 1-and-1 in the 2nd half. 

Alley-oops are great...tomahawks are a big boost...but you have to box out, play d, and set solid screens before any of that other stuff matters.  All I'm saying is IF we can find someone to do that...all is not lost.

Very well stated. Agree 100%

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
We did so many things poorly these last two years.  You have to be good before you can be great, and we simply weren't good.  We were awful or spectacular, but never good or consistent.

Sampson could be lethal on the right team in the right role.  That team wasn't St. John's and tht role certainly was not what he played.  He killed us on the defensive end all year and on the offensive end at the end of nearly every key game.  He couldn't buy the front end of a 1-and-1 in the 2nd half. 

Alley-oops are great...tomahawks are a big boost...but you have to box out, play d, and set solid screens before any of that other stuff matters.  All I'm saying is IF we can find someone to do that...all is not lost.

Please send me the tapes of when we were spectacular.

Tiznow

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:28 PM »

Please send me the tapes of when we were spectacular.

I enjoyed the Fordham game.

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 11:09:17 PM »
:First half of the 2nd Providence game.  Creighton game at MSG.  A good portion of the Syracuse game.  The Georgetown rematch.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:12:08 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 02:29:41 AM »
Agree with Fordham, G'town, and first half of road game first Providence although should be requirement to be that way for all or most of game. But you guys are right. Wouldn't call the Creighton game a spectacular performance.

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 05:41:32 AM »
The Creighton game was an excellent defensive effort against a tough opponent.  The best player in the country was held without a shot (not an attempt) for the last 8 minutes of the game.  It was a very physical battle.  While shutting down McDermott, we didn't allow any of their other players to beat us (see Creighton v. Nova - 1 and 2).  One could argue that that was actually our best game of the year.