Mid Major transformation...

• 82 replies
Re: Mid Major transformation...
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »
The only people who supported Norm were the ones who wanted to see our program remain in shambles.

Same can be said about the people that still support Lavin

I dont questions SJU fans' passion for the team.  The thing in question is their intelligence (or in this case the glaring LACK OF intelligence) that we see in their posts.

It is a common theme on these boards that we get taken to the woodshed and the homers normal reply is always something like "just be patient we will be fine" or some other absurd assumption, which given what we see happening with the program, shouldnt be posted.

Putting our eggs in one basket for the 2015 recruiting class is putting lipstick on the pig.  Lavin is not bringing in a recruiting class like Kentucky's this year, so even if its a good class, it will take time for them to gel and be good - maybe two or three years which puts us in 2017 and 2018.   And even if we did get good recruits, do we really believe that Lavin would be able to coach them?  I dont.

The whole thing is a big mess and will only get bigger until we clear house here and start anew.  New AD, new coach, new staff.  Lavin was a good hire at the time, but he obviously does not work for his very large salary and he needs to be shown the door.

The fans who live in fantasy land and say all is ok just enable this experiment gone wrong and i believe they add to the problem because when enough of the fan base complains, then the changes will be made.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2014, 01:05:30 PM »
The The BE was eliminated last week the mighty ACC (the old BE) was eliminated last night and the big joke of the conference the AAC has one team left...A little ironic.
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »
After the ACC and BE left UCONN in the dust it looks line they have the last laugh by reaching the final four...if UK wins the weakest "power conference" will have half the final four teams...
Cougar O' Malley