Emotions

• 16 replies
Emotions
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
I hear all the implosion and anti Lav feelings and I get it. I sympathize with fans who want more but shouldn't channel that towards players. I think all the guys on the team have their flaws but they all bust their butt for SJU.

I'm rooting for March Madness, Big East Championship, D-Lo up the scoring ranks, Obekpa averaging a double double, Jordan being a lotto pick (well moreso in two years hopefully), and for St. John's to win every game.

I'm not here to tell you don't vent or be frustrated but have fun rooting for this team. The season is here. Enjoy it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

Re: Emotions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:02 PM »
 Never take it out on the kids, agree Dave...

We will see what happens once the season starts up an the Greene haters get warmed up..

I'm not rooting for an implosion, because I don't want that to happen to the players..

Lavin , IMO, will leave at end of season regardless of outcome. Might as well root for a positive one then.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:46:28 PM »

We will see what happens once the season starts up an the Greene haters get warmed up..

I'm not rooting for an implosion, because I don't want that to happen to the players..

Lavin , IMO, will leave at end of season regardless of outcome. Might as well root for a positive one then.

I'm not a Greene hater but think slashing his minutes in favor of Branch will help the offense click.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »
 Agree also..  Greene can be effective in short burst on offensive end, especially if he has his shot going..  The longer he plays, the less effective he is, IMO.

Branch, D-Lo , and Jordan should be the starting 3 G alignment.   I think Jordan is better suited on the wing as a slasher.. Trying to make him a PG seems to holding back development.  He can still create on the wing.   Tell him his job is the score.. Let Branch run the offense and distribute...   One man's thoughts..

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 06:10:44 AM »
I hear all the implosion and anti Lav feelings and I get it. I sympathize with fans who want more but shouldn't channel that towards players. I think all the guys on the team have their flaws but they all bust their butt for SJU.

I'm rooting for March Madness, Big East Championship, D-Lo up the scoring ranks, Obekpa averaging a double double, Jordan being a lotto pick (well moreso in two years hopefully), and for St. John's to win every game.

I'm not here to tell you don't vent or be frustrated but have fun rooting for this team. The season is here. Enjoy it.

Well said

jsk

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 07:28:52 AM »
Agree, let's enjoy the season. ;)

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
I agree lets enjoy the Season.

Winning this year will make it easier to recruit the 2015 class.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

I disagree.
I don't hate Phil Greene the person. I simply hated Phil Greene the point guard. In much the same manner that I hated Eugene Lawrence the point guard, and others still trash Tarik Turner the point guard even though I can personally vouch for Tarik Turner the person being a good dude.

I am not sure how this plays out but for the most part if Lavin only plays 7 guys like it looks like he will it will only be a positive. The less Lavin has to do the better. Greene not playing point does not bother at all. If we are only playing 7, I don't really think Green vs Branch can become any kind of issue.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:23:24 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:32:38 PM »
Emotions?

DOOMED!

SJUFAN

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »

Unless he's shown the door, why would he leave? He will not make the same amount of  money somewhere else.

boo3

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »
 I don't think he will coach next year without an extension..  He will demand it, say he can't recruit without it.   I can't see STJ giving him one based of his production, at his salary or more...  Therein lies the crossroads, IMO.   A buyout probably is in both parties best interest. 

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 01:45:27 PM »
I don't think he will coach next year without an extension..  He will demand it, say he can't recruit without it.   I can't see STJ giving him one based of his production, at his salary or more...  Therein lies the crossroads, IMO.   A buyout probably is in both parties best interest. 

Agree

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2014, 01:56:49 PM »
The UNIVERSITY has not delivered on various promises that were made to upgrade the favotities, principally because of the Harrington mess and the power vacuum at the top.. They are years from fulfilling those promises, if ever. Thuat has affected recruiting. Thus, Lavin has excuse to walk if he wants to. He will not stay another year without extension. And the university can hedge its bets by giving him one for five yearS but with a one year buy out clause. Unless the season is a disater, don't expect Lavin to leave.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
I am happy and excited for this team. I think the NIT will give us a very good indication of where we are at. Great Alaska shoutout propelled the last team. the coach staff has had a long time to prepare for Minnesota. I expect the team to look good. I hope we can get some decent crowds at the garden supporting our guys.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 04:19:36 PM »
I can't make the first round against Minnesota but I'm hoping we get Gonzaga and I'll be there on Friday.

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 04:30:23 PM »

Agree

One year contract coaching what could possibly be the worst SJU team ever. What is the upside of that for him?

My prediction is based on him not getting an extension that he would sign. If he gets an agreeable extension before next season obviously he will be back.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:32:10 PM by we are sju »

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:18 PM »
Not sure of this. But doesn't Lavin have a contract or maybe it was Norm's last contract that if fired their is not a big buy out?