Tulane

• 53 replies
Re: Tulane
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 01:43:32 PM »
I believe Harrison is now alone in 4th place of all time scoring at SJU. Very close to 2,000.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 01:55:18 PM »
That Stewart/Balamou/Jones/JDLR/Amar lineup was a scary glimpse into the future, eh?

Lol jk! Great win, bring on the Big East!

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Impressive win for about the 15th or so ranked team in country

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 02:54:52 PM »
Anyone have insight on what is wrong with Jones?  As a freshman I thought he would absolutely be a contributor down the line. He looks absolutely lost.  His energy and lack of court presence is particularly apparent when compared to JDR, who is not even close to the athlete and doesn't have close to the skills of Jones. I'm hoping that recovery from the knee injury is what is causing this. We have seen guys before with talent go into funks only to emerge as better players later in the year or the following season.

Poison

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 03:03:43 PM »
I believe Harrison is now alone in 4th place of all time scoring at SJU. Very close to 2,000.
Who did he pass?

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »
Who did he pass?
Bob Z?

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 04:51:33 PM »
all 'bout that D, 'bout that D, no treble  :)

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »
Who did he pass?
Bob Z?

Indeed was Bob Z.

Felipe next.

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »
Anyone have insight on what is wrong with Jones? As a freshman I thought he would absolutely be a contributor down the line. He looks absolutely lost. His energy and lack of court presence is particularly apparent when compared to JDR, who is not even close to the athlete and doesn't have close to the skills of Jones. I'm hoping that recovery from the knee injury is what is causing this. We have seen guys before with talent go into funks only to emerge as better players later in the year or the following season.

I think he is an undersized pf who is getting limited minutes playing out of position at center. This makes an already average defender look worse. On offense he never sees the ball and yes a lot of that can be contributed to he himself for not demanding it or going after boards but there is not a concerted effort to feed him the ball. Jones does have an offensive game that no one else on the team provides and I think he deserves to have a more solidified role on the team. If you want to give him 6 minutes a game that is fine, just give him 6 minutes every game. 

In 76 minutes of play this year:
20 pts, 19 rbs, .643 fg , 2 to's
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
Anyone have insight on what is wrong with Jones? As a freshman I thought he would absolutely be a contributor down the line. He looks absolutely lost. His energy and lack of court presence is particularly apparent when compared to JDR, who is not even close to the athlete and doesn't have close to the skills of Jones. I'm hoping that recovery from the knee injury is what is causing this. We have seen guys before with talent go into funks only to emerge as better players later in the year or the following season.
I think its amazing he has gotten so far. He is completely lost on defense. Don't think it is a funk. Nothing we are doing is that complicated. 

Poison

« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2014, 11:49:53 PM »
I think he is an undersized pf who is getting limited minutes playing out of position at center. This makes an already average defender look worse. On offense he never sees the ball and yes a lot of that can be contributed to he himself for not demanding it or going after boards but there is not a concerted effort to feed him the ball. Jones does have an offensive game that no one else on the team provides and I think he deserves to have a more solidified role on the team. If you want to give him 6 minutes a game that is fine, just give him 6 minutes every game. In 76 minutes of play this year: 20 pts, 19 rbs, .643 fg , 2 to's
In fairness, he didn't do anything wrong today. I haven't seen him do very much that's right, but it's becoming a habit to just pick on the kid. In the 5 minutes he played, nothing bad happened. Actually, Obekpa went to the bench and we beat the snot out of them. 

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »
Wasn't trying to bash him.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:55:06 PM by TONYD3 »

Moose

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 12:03:38 AM »
I think its amazing he has gotten so far. He is completely lost on defense. Don't think it is a funk. Nothing we are doing is that complicated.

If what we are doing isn't that complicated what took the Sr's 4 years to get it? :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 08:14:14 AM »
Some thoughts about the Tulane game http://www.bigeastboards.com