Great Mullin Interview w Seth Davis

• 5 replies

Wods317

Re: Great Mullin Interview w Seth Davis
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:22:40 PM »
Excellent interview, one of the better ones I have seen. Gives you a good idea about Mullins life and thoughts on the program, great stuff.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 10:16:38 AM »
I would like someone to ask Mullin how he's going to get his players to hit free throws.  The interview was Barbara Waltersesque on some level.  I don't think Chris liked some of it.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 04:12:21 PM »
The interview was Barbara Waltersesque on some level.  I don't think Chris liked some of it.

Yes, questions about your fathers alcoholism are not softballs.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 05:27:17 PM »
I agree that much of the interview was personal and hard hitting, but Mullin seems very comfortable owning his past and accepting the personal journey that has brought him to where he now is.  His honesty, candor, and downright genuine character reflect well on him and on our university.  Have to think that his straightforward, no BS, Brooklyn kid who made it approach has to sit well with recruits, whose heads must be spinning from listening to the self-promoting, used car salesmen pitches of the vast majority of college coaches recruiting them. 

Mullin talks the talk and has walked the walk. He genuinely does know what it takes to make and stick in the NBA -- and let's hope that his message is resonating with some very talented kids because each game we play makes it abundantly clear that this team does not yet have the talent to play the game that Mullin wants to play or to compete regularly on a national level.

Foad

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »
I agree that much of the interview was personal and hard hitting, but Mullin seems very comfortable owning his past and accepting the personal journey that has brought him to where he now is.  His honesty, candor, and downright genuine character reflect well on him and on our university.  Have to think that his straightforward, no BS, Brooklyn kid who made it approach has to sit well with recruits, whose heads must be spinning from listening to the self-promoting, used car salesmen pitches of the vast majority of college coaches recruiting them. 

Mullin talks the talk and has walked the walk. He genuinely does know what it takes to make and stick in the NBA -- and let's hope that his message is resonating with some very talented kids because each game we play makes it abundantly clear that this team does not yet have the talent to play the game that Mullin wants to play or to compete regularly on a national level.

No doubt the present coach's sincerity and honesty are a welcome change after our former coach's smarmy disingenuous prattle. The dichotomy between someone who did nothing but complain and make excuses after having everything handed to him on a silver platter and someone who struggled to make something of himself and then overcame his personal demons in the bargain is remarkable and should serve as a fine example to his players, the university, and the community at large.