CBS Selection Show...

• 22 replies
Re: CBS Selection Show...
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 12:12:04 AM »
As an aside, did that show s**k, or what?

It was straight garbage.  They need to go back to the half hour selection show on CBS.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:12:22 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 12:26:04 AM »
SU's wins: A&M, Bonnies, Uconn, ND, FSU, Virginia Tech and Duke. They also had 13 losses, which is bad, but they played an unusually tough schedule this year, so that's why they made it.
SU's wins: A&M, Bonnies, Uconn, ND, FSU, Virginia Tech and Duke. They also had 13 losses, which is bad, but they played an unusually tough schedule this year, so that's why they made it.

Unusually tough?  Syracuse's RPI was 71.  In addition both Cuse and Vandy won 6 of 23 road games combined, including only 1-9 against the top 50 as one article pointed out.  Nothing unusually tough about Cuse's schedule.  And with only 19 wins, going 1-5 down the stretch at the end of the season with a first round loss, there is almost nothing that says they should be there in the tourney.  There were multiple teams left out with higher RPI's and better records.  This stinks of Big Conference home cooking...

I'm not saying I think they should be in. It's a really tough call. I do think that their schedule was significant and that overall, they did well. What I don't agree with, and I don't know if this is the case, but if the committee chose to excuse the games that were coached by longtime assistant and Norm Roberts clone, Mike Hopkins, that would be a terrible example to set for any D1 college.

I also can't point to any other team that really should have made it, and didn't.

Foad

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »
Geographical screwings

#5 Maryland vs #12 San Diego in Washington

#5 Baylor vs #12 Yale in RI

#6 Seton Hall vs #11 Gonzaga in Colorado

#6 Arizona, travels 2500 miles to Rhode Island

Favorable geographic seeds

#4 Duke, west regional game in Rhode Island

#6 Notre Dame in NYC, day after Saint Patrick's DaY

#6 Texas in Oklahoma City

#7 Dayton in Saint Louis

Top two seeds in miles

Kansas in DeMoines (235)
Nova in Brookylyn (108)

Oregon in Spokane (462)
Oklahoma in Oklahoma City (22)

UVA in Raleigh NC (246)
Mich St in Saint Louis (488)

UNC in Raleigh NC (39)
Xavier in St Louis (351)

Most likely to be played in an empty arena: Saint Joe's / Cinn @ 10 PM in Spokane Washington