Expectations for the 16-17 season

• 83 replies

Poison

Re: Expectations for the 16-17 season
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2017, 11:52:32 PM »
I personally think sima is getting underrated by pretty much everyone.  He was progressing by leaps and bounds until the injury derailed the rest of his season IMO.  Was not the same player when he returned.  After a summer of hitting weights and working on his game and with a legit PG I think everyone will be raving about him next year.   I don't doubt it may not be until junior year that he really becomes a monster but I'm expecting something like 12 and 9 and 2.5 from him.  With Lovett and ponds drawing the defense attention on penetration I expect sima to get a couple easy buckets a game and then a few more that he works for, on average.

Sima will be a pro, gotta work on footwork and touch around the basket though. Yawke is our best player right now imo and will enjoying easy baskets with Lovett delivering the ball

You could pitch a tent while he's backing his man down in the paint. He's got be faster. That may work on the small schools, but in the BE, he was overmatched. He certainly had some stellar games, like vs RU and SU, but where did that guy go? Is it just his hand?

You are talking about the game of basketball still, right?  And are really saying "just his hand?"

SMH...

Looks like it wasn't his hand. Sima was just bad.

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »
With 4 games left, we're tied for 6th with Seton Hall and Providence and half a game ahead of the 5 - 9 Hoyas.  I suppose that if we beat Marquette on the road on Tuesday, 5th would be our best possible outcome.  But with a loss, we could be on our way to finishing 9th, ahead of only DePaul.  With road games against Marquette and Creighton and home games against Georgetown and Providence, where do you see us finishing the regular season?

How many of our 4 remaining games do we win?

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »
Hoping to get the 6 but I feel we are of course destined for the 8/9 game.

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2017, 11:49:25 PM »
With 4 games left, we're tied for 6th with Seton Hall and Providence and half a game ahead of the 5 - 9 Hoyas.  I suppose that if we beat Marquette on the road on Tuesday, 5th would be our best possible outcome.  But with a loss, we could be on our way to finishing 9th, ahead of only DePaul.  With road games against Marquette and Creighton and home games against Georgetown and Providence, where do you see us finishing the regular season?

How many of our 4 remaining games do we win?

I think we'll win anywhere between one game to three games on the remaining schedule.  I feel we're gonna beat Providence, and leaning towards us beating Georgetown (I'm currently on the fence with the Hoyas game). 

I think we may put up a fight against Marquette due to their defense being similar to ours....  Crappy.  Being it's an away game, and how terrible we've been on the road, then I'm leaning towards Marquette winning it.  Unfortunately, I think we're gonna get smoked at Creighton.

A win on Tuesday, and I'll feel quite feel confident in finishing up at 9-9.