Baldi's Pre/Post All Big East Team

• 57 replies
Re: Baldi's Pre/Post All Big East Team
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 01:16:15 AM »
I think the Big East POY comes between Hart and Watson

I think in due time Lovett will be comparable to Watson

You guys love  Watson, huh?

I do think he is really good but I was thinking more about style of play and ways he'll be effective. Similar size and quickness.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 01:18:23 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »
I think the Big East POY comes between Hart and Watson

I think in due time Lovett will be comparable to Watson

You guys love  Watson, huh?

I do think he is really good but I was thinking more about style of play and ways he'll be effective. Similar size and quickness.

I haven't seen any more than a few minutes from him in passing since his transfer but my sense is that Lovett is far more dynamic. That doesn't mean he'll automatically be better, but I think he has a much higher ceiling.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »
Article:  Why the Big East will be the most exciting basketball conference this season
http://www.todaysu.com/big-east/big-east-most-exciting-basketball-conference/

QuanMan

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 11:48:56 AM »
Don't sleep on Billy Garrett Jr., he's very much flying under the radar, breakout senior season imo.

Malik Ellison, Sima, Jessie Govan, Kryon Cartwright, Traci Carter, Duane Wilson are underclassmen who are bound to be household names in BE living rooms this winter.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »
Don't sleep on Billy Garrett Jr., he's very much flying under the radar, breakout senior season imo.

Malik Ellison, Sima, Jessie Govan, Kryon Cartwright, Traci Carter, Duane Wilson are underclassmen who are bound to be household names in BE living rooms this winter.

Garrett, most overrated player in the Big East since Hoyas' Chris Wright
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:34:45 PM by Marco Baldi »

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 04:12:16 PM »
I like garret a lot. It is tough to play in the big east for the worst coach ever (purnel) and he has some kind of disease that affects him sometimes

Foad

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 04:25:09 PM »
I like garret a lot. It is tough to play in the big east for the worst coach ever (purnel) and he has some kind of disease that affects him sometimes

Nice player. Sickle Cell.

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »

Garrett, most overrated player in the Big East since Hoyas' Chris Wright
Yep. Has talent but much too slow and certainly not a game changer.

Johnny23

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
Booth on Villanova is going to have a big year. The difference maker in last season's title game.

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
Agreed - have always liked his game.  And I think I like that Bridges kid even more.  There have been some exceptions, particularly when Nova went through a down stretch (especially for them) a few years ago, but by and large Wright has done a good job at developing kids IMO.

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Agreed - have always liked his game.  And I think I like that Bridges kid even more.  There have been some exceptions, particularly when Nova went through a down stretch (especially for them) a few years ago, but by and large Wright has done a good job at developing kids IMO.

Bridges and Booth  are greg pieces. A big reason for Nova's success

Johnny23

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 07:42:41 AM »

Yes, Bridges is going to be key this year as well.

Foad

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »

12 points 3 rebounds 3 assists over his career while playing with a disease that kills two hundred thousand people a year. Over rated.

Question: name a player who could single handedly be a game changer at DePaul. Can't be in the NBA. Go.

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 08:34:53 AM »

12 points 3 rebounds 3 assists over his career while playing with a disease that kills two hundred thousand people a year. Over rated.

Question: name a player who could single handedly be a game changer at DePaul. Can't be in the NBA. Go.

Well do you think he's 1st team Big East? 

hnk

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »
Baldi, this was a really good topic for the dog days of summer. Thanks......anxious for some real info and action. Our team could be anywhere this season bottom of the top of the Big East....or top of the bottom.

Foad

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »

No idea. I'd be hard pressed to name 10 non SJ BE players, much less 10 good ones. I would not be hard pressed to name the most overrated player in the BE though, hint it's the best shooter SJU Has had since Chris Mullin.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:26 AM »

No idea. I'd be hard pressed to name 10 non SJ BE players, much less 10 good ones. I would not be hard pressed to name the most overrated player in the BE though, hint it's the best shooter SJU Has had since Chris Mullin.

How is Mussini overrated? Where did experts rate him highly enough to be overrated? He wasn't a top 100 recruit. 247 ranked him 116. For 116, he's maybe a little overrated. I think he's limited, and we can all see that, but St.John's fans tend to convince themselves that a recruit can be a great player despite what has been written about him. What's written about a recruit on ESPN and 247 is usually pretty close to being an accurate assessment.

You want overrated? Try Justin Burrell. Try Elijah Ingram.

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2016, 11:57:08 AM »
Marco or max were limited .Maybe mussini is a little better then those 2, but he is closer to either of those players then a big east PG which he isn't or a big east SG which he isn't.

Foad

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2016, 12:13:39 PM »
How is Mussini overrated? Where did experts rate him highly enough to be overrated? He wasn't a top 100 recruit. 247 ranked him 116. For 116, he's maybe a little overrated. I think he's limited, and we can all see that, but St.John's fans tend to convince themselves that a recruit can be a great player despite what has been written about him.

He's overrated by the faithful is all I meant.

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2017, 05:00:32 PM »
Baldi updated version

Josh Hart
Marcus Foster
Jalen Brunson
Edmund Sumner
Angel Delgado

Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?