Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?

Patton/ Ponds  Co Rookies, but Howard right there

Yes! For some reason I thought Patton was a soph

Re: Baldi's Pre/Post All Big East Team
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2017, 06:09:05 PM »
Conference is so good that it is hard to name a top 5, but don't quibble with your list.  Just think if Watson were still in the fold; he'd have to be in that top 5, probably over Foster or Sumner.  With lots of season left, I could see certain of those guys dropping (Sumner, Foster, Delgado) and guys like Martin, Patton, Carrington or even Pryor working their way into the conversation. 

I think Ponds, Patton, Howard or even Lovett could seize the "top newcomer" award. 

With Watson out, I think POY is for Hart to lose and don't see that happening. 

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2017, 01:22:36 PM »
Patton might be a 1st teamer

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 01:33:04 PM »
I personally would put Patton in over Delgado.

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:47 PM »

Yup! And I thought Sumner would be more dominant

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2017, 01:41:41 PM »
Delgado scores, shoots at a high clip, and is by far the most dominant rebounder in the conference.  Hence why I have no issue with him in the top 5 right now, though I agree that he could be replaced by someone else like Patton over the course of the season.

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »
Surprising to how little talk there has been of lovett as a freshmen. Could easily make a case for being better than ponds. IMO its splitting hairs.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2017, 05:09:55 PM »
Surprising to how little talk there has been of lovett as a freshmen. Could easily make a case for being better than ponds. IMO its splitting hairs.

We're fortunate to have both but Ponds has been better so far and would be surprised for that to change. Ponds is crafty and will always figure out a way to score and affect the game, Lovett needs to figure out how to harness all that speed, think he will improve immensely over the offseason.

ras

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2017, 06:16:07 PM »
I'm wondering if redshirt freshman are ineligible for BE freshman of the year award.

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2017, 07:28:52 PM »
I'm wondering if redshirt freshman are ineligible for BE freshman of the year award.

Patton is a redshirt & has won weekly freshman of week award several times.

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2017, 07:38:08 PM »
Baldi updated version

Josh Hart
Marcus Foster
Jalen Brunson
Edmund Sumner
Angel Delgado

Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?

You can't have Summer. He's captain of the Marillac squad that I picked to run your preseason team out of the gym. Bullock is averaging 18 and 6 and Desi is averaging 17 and 5. 

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2017, 11:11:32 AM »
We're fortunate to have both but Ponds has been better so far and would be surprised for that to change. 

Not so. 

Scoring avg. practically identical with Love it shooting a better % from 2, from 3 and from the line.  Marcus leading in assists and Sham leading in rebounds and steals.

Lovett has been player of the game winner more than ponds even though he's played 3 less games.

So far, Marcus has been better.  Slightly.

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2017, 12:05:44 PM »
Baldi updated version

Josh Hart
Marcus Foster
Jalen Brunson
Edmund Sumner
Angel Delgado

Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?

I dont understand why everyone is so high on Brunson. Hes slow, unathletic and eats up 15 seconds before dumping the ball off. Hes a slightly better version of Garrett Jr.  He can hit the 3 and pushes around thinner guards with his gut.  Blehhhh.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:06:50 PM by Towerofshred »

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2017, 12:29:35 PM »
Baldi updated version

Josh Hart
Marcus Foster
Jalen Brunson
Edmund Sumner
Angel Delgado

Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?

I dont understand why everyone is so high on Brunson. Hes slow, unathletic and eats up 15 seconds before dumping the ball off. Hes a slightly better version of Garrett Jr.  He can hit the 3 and pushes around thinner guards with his gut.  Blehhhh.
Garret junior is really good. Imagine what he would look like on a real big east team.

goredmen

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2017, 12:45:09 PM »
Baldi updated version

Josh Hart
Marcus Foster
Jalen Brunson
Edmund Sumner
Angel Delgado

Co Rookies

Shamorie Ponds
Markus Howard

What says you?

Lol wut

derk

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2017, 02:06:53 PM »
We're fortunate to have both but Ponds has been better so far and would be surprised for that to change. 

Not so. 

Scoring avg. practically identical with Love it shooting a better % from 2, from 3 and from the line.  Marcus leading in assists and Sham leading in rebounds and steals.

Lovett has been player of the game winner more than ponds even though he's played 3 less games.

Talent wise they're very close but Ponds plays under control while Lovett is a bit on the wild side. As the competition gets better the wildness becomes more of a detriment.

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »

Not so. 

Talent wise they're very close but Ponds plays under control while Lovett is a bit on the wild side. As the competition gets better the wildness becomes more of a detriment.

We shall see.