Slice Officially Out

• 35 replies
Re: Slice Officially Out
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2016, 12:16:40 AM »
What place did St John's finish in last year? What place is St Johns picked to finish this year? I'm not sure anyone deserves any praise. Not yet
exactly

Foad

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 09:53:03 AM »
What place did St John's finish in last year? What place is St Johns picked to finish this year? I'm not sure anyone deserves any praise. Not yet

Does this mean you're going to stop pimping Mussini?

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »

You mean the top returning scorer?

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 10:56:49 AM »
Maybe SJU should go after Grasso it would be a big step up for him.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »

Should've 3 or 4 years ago. 

Instead we praise "recruiting gurus" leading St John's to 10th place

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
Yeah they came in late May and they received commitments from 5 or six players.

And possible there two best recruits Williams got hurt and Lovertt - I am sure if he would have went to the Cuse he would have able to play.

Less see this year how they do before you put Matts down who you don't like for some reason.

Still if Mitch doesn't take the assistant job they should offer it to Grasso and lets see what happens.

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 11:56:18 AM »
Yeah they came in late May and they received commitments from 5 or six players.

And possible there two best recruits Williams got hurt and Lovertt - I am sure if he would have went to the Cuse he would have able to play.

Less see this year how they do before you put Matts down who you don't like for some reason.

Still if Mitch doesn't take the assistant job they should offer it to Grasso and lets see what happens.

Ah So St John's was Lovertts safety school?  Didn't know that

Grasso next gig will be a head coaching spot

Foad

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 12:16:17 PM »

You mean the top returning scorer?

What place did St John's finish in last year? What place is St Johns picked to finish this year? I'm not sure anyone deserves any praise.

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
Realize you are just going back at Scheppy here but not a fair comment for Matt A.  He has done a really good job recruiting the type of kids we want in the program IMO, especially given the state of the program when the current regime took over.  Obviously they need to win some games, but last year doesn't fall on him or anyone else.  Let's see how the next 2 years turn out.

Should've 3 or 4 years ago. 

Instead we praise "recruiting gurus" leading St John's to 10th place

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
According to Jerry Meyers they had the second best recruiting class in the Big East

For a team that came in last year that is pretty good.
I know you have something against Matt personally but he is doing an excellent job
Where are they pick this year in the middle of the pack that is a nice jump

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 09:55:09 AM »
Ahmed has his choice of top Division I schools — established programs Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Texas, Louisville and Oregon all after him. St. John’s, however, was in the driver’s seat, the result of assistant Matt Abdelmassih’s dogged recruitment and the relationship the two established, and the lure of coming home.

Yeah Baldi - don't give credit to Matt - this recruit has a chance to be a lottery pick in two years.

boo3

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 03:50:44 PM »
WHo the F is Lovertt?

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »
I believe this is first and only time SJU has publically acknowledged thru an official statement that Slice is out:

"St. John's University and the Department of Athletics confirm Barry Rohrssen is no longer a member of the men's basketball coaching staff," the school said in a statement. "His employment at the University ended August 31, 2016 and in accordance with the University's confidentiality policy for personnel matters, there will be no further comment."

https://stjohns.rivals.com/news/rohrssen-no-longer-on-mullin-s-staff-at-st-john-s

« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 03:30:20 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2016, 08:50:05 PM »
Are we ever going to get any details on what this buyout cost the university, or on what happened internally to make this whole thing turn sour so quickly?

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 09:18:54 AM »
Are we ever going to get any details on what this buyout cost the university, or on what happened internally to make this whole thing turn sour so quickly?

Probably not and why would they disclose it...

goredmen

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
Watching Michigan vs SMU at MSG and Slice is sitting right behind Larry Brown by the SMU bench. Maybe Slice will be his assistant at that High School in the Hamptons