Baruch Game Discussion (Exhib)

• 114 replies

MCNPA

Re: Baruch Game Discussion (Exhib)
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
Freudenberg is going to be a star here over time.  Ahmed has been excellent.  Gonna be a fun season. 

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 07:58:06 PM »
Better than not blowing out Baruch

The video stream quality, graphics, and sound are improved over the usual online only production. So at least that has improved.

Foad

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »
Ahmed Lovett and Ponds are the real deal.  Fruedenburg is better than I expected. Mussini looks much improved. Mullin sat in appropriate places and dressed well. Am I cautiously optimistic? Possibly.

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »
Ahmed and mussini dominating. Baruch is an awful team. Ponds looks nervous. Owens is terrible. Omar could be useful if he didn't think he was instant offense. Got nothing from the front court.

MCNPA

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:41 PM »
Mussini looks a ton better.  He's stronger and faster, even with the ball in his hands.  He's been a rock today.  Gonna be real solid. 

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »
Ahmed Lovett and Ponds are the real deal.  Fruedenburg is better than I expected. Mussini looks much improved. Mullin sat in appropriate places and dressed well. Am I cautiously optimistic? Possibly.

Not trying to argue and I wish you are right. Lovett doesn't look great at all. He is better then the guy he is playing against but is not dominating.

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2016, 08:04:29 PM »

Not trying to argue and I wish you are right. Lovett doesn't look great at all. He is better then the guy he is playing against but is not dominating.

Good point guards don't need to dominate.  Get the ball to the scorers.  He's playing conservative and sharing the ball.  He's also not turning it over.  I, fine with what he's doing right now.

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2016, 08:06:16 PM »

It's an understatement (no shit) to say it's early.  Lovett and Ponds look kind of lost.  Sima and Alibegovitc look like clones of last year.  Mussini is much improved and Freud and Bashir are exciting finds.

Foad

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
Got nothing from the front court.

Yeah, RF and Ahmed have given them nothing, as usual excellent observations.

Foad

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »

I too am disappointed that he has not triple doubled in the first half of his first college game. Hopefully he get recruited over.

MCNPA

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2016, 08:14:11 PM »
We are shooting 50% from the field, 40% from 3, 93% from the line and +10 Rebs.  How upset can you be?

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:35 PM »
You guys realize we are playing a team that doesn't give out scholarships

Foad

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2016, 08:29:13 PM »

They're ahead 30 points. How much should they be winning by?

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »

A team that lost to seton hall by 5 last year and they were a tournament team

MCNPA

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »

I'm mainly looking at what we are doing.  And I see some very good things for a young team. 

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2016, 08:50:31 PM »
Its alright to believe this season. Reasons for hope
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »
Its alright to believe this season. Reasons for hope

Not sure I agree: only a 50 point victory against a d2 team is a reason for concern imo

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2016, 09:15:13 PM »
Mussini looks a ton better.  He's stronger and faster, even with the ball in his hands.  He's been a rock today.  Gonna be real solid. 

My man

Poison

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
There is definitely reason for optimism. I think it will be fun to see them improve and become a more cohesive unit. There are a lot of players who Mullin can go to, and they are missing a likely starter in Ellison.

desco80

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
It's nice having a real point guard.  Lovett will be just fine.  If you were expecting Chris Paul... sorry to disappoint you.  But he will be a quality college pg.   I'm glad we have him.
Same can be said for Ahmed.  He's a big East level player.  Doesn't have a glaring weakness in his game, and just generally seems like a capable player. 

We didn't have enough of those last season.