Game 2: Binghamton Game Discussion

• 43 replies

Poison

Re: Game 2: Binghamton Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 02:17:15 PM »
Great game.

Bashir - the one thing that disappoints me about him was that I thought he was suppose to be a great three point shooter.

The backcourt is playing great hoping Yawkee can step it up on offense.
The new AD seems like a great guy.

No one ever claimed he was a great 3 point shooter. Believe his % was in the low thirties.

From what I've seen so far, he shouldn't be taking threes, except when he's wide open, and he should be taking those rarely. We need him to get into the lane, but we also need him to get more comfortable giving up the ball if say for example he dribbles into three defenders.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:35:10 PM by Poison »

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 02:30:37 PM »
Our precocious backcourt of Sham and Love it might someday make us forget the favored son guard duo of 3'lo and the Triangle!

Surprised to hear that the Bearcats were picked to finish 4th in pre-season polling.  They've been the Depaul of the America East for as long as I can remember.

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 01:26:04 PM »
watched game again on tape last night - we need to close out the 3 point shooter.  A team w quality shooters has the potential to lights us up from 3 unless we strees defending the line.

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2016, 01:27:43 PM »
Great game.

Bashir - the one thing that disappoints me about him was that I thought he was suppose to be a great three point shooter.

The backcourt is playing great hoping Yawkee can step it up on offense.
The new AD seems like a great guy.

No one ever claimed he was a great 3 point shooter. Believe his % was in the low thirties.

From what I've seen so far, he shouldn't be taking threes, except when he's wide open, and he should be taking those rarely. We need him to get into the lane, but we also need him to get more comfortable giving up the ball if say for example he dribbles into three defenders.
he hasn't looked good at all.  needs to just let the game come to him, too much iso, especially when you have guys like ponds and lovett who can create and actually open up driving lanes for him.  hopefully he gets coached up a bit and contributes in the near future  (similarly, freudenberg hasn't looked great, but he hasn't been forcing as much.  he did have one nice drive to the rim against binghampton)