Game 2: Binghamton Game Discussion

• 43 replies
Re: Game 2: Binghamton Game Discussion
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
We got to get Bashir going. I'd like to see him work from the elbow more and down on the post. He uses his body effectively.

Johnny23

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2016, 09:03:45 PM »
One big question mark looks to be consistent low post production on offense. One of our bigs will need to become more of a consistent finisher as the year goes on.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 09:21:08 PM »
Yakwe is 2-6
Owens is 5-9
and Sima at 8-11 is the one who gets picked apart the most. Imagine playing on a 35 mph school zone all of last year and now waking up in the 65 mph highway. Thats about the difference between Mussini and mouvika  pushing the break vs lovett and ponds.  Its gonna take all these bigs time to adjust and honestly I think Sima is doing just fine. Not great. But fine.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:21:51 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
Amhed drives in hard to the hoop but he forgets the ball doesn't need to crash against the backboard to go in. 

Sima has one of two looks all the time.... Sad or confused.   Sometimes both.

Yakwe needs to learn how to catch a basketball

Ali B just stands at the 3 pt line with his hands waved in the air not believing he's not getting the passes to take the shot

Ellison shoots line drive free throwas

Mussini was getting all Lovett-esque with a behind the back pass

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:27:04 PM by RedStormNC »

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
I know Sima is the early whipping boy. I'm not his hugest fan but I will say bigs tend to play better when they actually have bigs to body up with. I'd like to see him him take that high post jumper with more confidence. He rushed it. It's November though and I think he'll get better with more games.

I do worry about 2 of 3 Owens/Sima/Yakwe being on the floor for extended minutes. Lose O with this lineup. Would like to see more from Bash on the glass.

Owens, Sima and Yakwe shouldn't be out together. None of those guys can play the 3. They're not ball handlers or face the basket kind of players.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 09:44:21 PM »

goredmen

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »
Let's see what this team is made of on the road against a big 10 team in Minnesota on Friday night. Minnesota might not seem all that scary but they are handling a pretty solid UT Arlington team tonight and we will likely be 6 or 7 point underdogs

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 10:01:42 PM »
10 boards and three steals for Ponds. I'm glad to see that is translating from the high school game so early.  He was an absolute menace the last two years. Defense still needs work. They had a tailor-made trap in the right short corner 2nd half and were too slow and unagressive finishing it off. They have to handle screens much  bettter and rotate and help faster as welL.

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 10:08:30 PM »
Agree with most of whats being said...nontheless a very promising start for us. Minnesota although maybe not the strongest in the Big 10 has had some great kids come in. This guy Amir Coffey seems to be the real deal so it'll be interesting to see how we handle playing some much more talented kids.

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »
Agree with most of whats being said...nontheless a very promising start for us. Minnesota although maybe not the strongest in the Big 10 has had some great kids come in. This guy Amir Coffey seems to be the real deal so it'll be interesting to see how we handle playing some much more talented kids.

Coffey is their signature recruit. Very good player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 11:44:51 PM »
Promising thing though, is that we still have tons of height, athleticism and depth up front.  I think we have a lot of learning to do.  Don't forget how young we still are.  Certainly Lovett and Ponds are our aces...  Best thing is that our frontcourt hasn't looked great, but I think their best days are ahead of them.  There is talent there.  We have enough support to buy them time to improve.   It isn't barren like the past.

Another note, people shouldn't write off Bashir Ahmed.  He's gonna be good but is pushing a little too hard right now.  He can score, but needs to learn the "touch" at this level.

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 04:32:14 AM »
That backcourt of ours, guys...

Poison

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
Promising thing though, is that we still have tons of height, athleticism and depth up front.  I think we have a lot of learning to do.  Don't forget how young we still are.  Certainly Lovett and Ponds are our aces...  Best thing is that our frontcourt hasn't looked great, but I think their best days are ahead of them.  There is talent there.  We have enough support to buy them time to improve.   It isn't barren like the past.

Another note, people shouldn't write off Bashir Ahmed.  He's gonna be good but is pushing a little too hard right now.  He can score, but needs to learn the "touch" at this level.

No one is writing anyone off. He has certainly shown us some talent, but he needs time to get used to this level.

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2016, 08:37:18 AM »
Great game.

Bashir - the one thing that disappoints me about him was that I thought he was suppose to be a great three point shooter.

The backcourt is playing great hoping Yawkee can step it up on offense.
The new AD seems like a great guy.

Johnny23

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2016, 09:27:16 AM »
This backcourt is definitely fun to watch and will keep us in some big games.

Ahmed and Freudenberg both look a little anxious right now. Gotta give them some more time to get into the flow and relax on offense a bit. The talent is definitely there though.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 09:33:14 AM »

desco80

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »
Great game.

Bashir - the one thing that disappoints me about him was that I thought he was suppose to be a great three point shooter.

The backcourt is playing great hoping Yawkee can step it up on offense.
The new AD seems like a great guy.

No one ever claimed he was a great 3 point shooter. Believe his % was in the low thirties.