• 94 replies
Re: ODU predictions
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2016, 11:40:27 PM »
1 assist from our pg

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 11:43:43 PM »
1 assist from our pg

I'm not defending his play, but how many have his teammates cost him and Ponds? It's insane....dropped or blocked shot every time.

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2016, 11:44:44 PM »
1 assist from our pg

He would have gotten one that time Mussini hit the side of the backboard, but somehow that shot didn't go in

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2016, 11:46:48 PM »
Don't get me wrong I like Lovett...but i think he plays way too fast sometimes and it is causing the rest of the offense to speed up and play too fast.  We have no rhythm on offense.

How many times did our shooters catch a ball with their feet set?  Not many...guys are constantly catching passes on the run. 

Lovett need to learn when to speed up and when to slow things down.

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2016, 11:47:01 PM »
1 assist from our pg

I'm not defending his play, but how many have his teammates cost him and Ponds? It's insane....dropped or blocked shot every time.

He can shoot  and score all he wants, worked well so far

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2016, 11:48:11 PM »
Don't get me wrong I like Lovett...but i think he plays way too fast sometimes and it is causing the rest of the offense to speed up and play too fast.  We have no rhythm on offense.

How many times did our shooters catch a ball with their feet set?  Not many...guys are constantly catching passes on the run. 

Lovett need to learn when to speed up and when to slow things down.

Will someone on the sideline hone his skills?

redslope

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2016, 11:48:33 PM »
20 of 74 from 3  (5 of 25 tonight-with tired legs should have foregone the 3's)

out rebounded by 35 over 3 games

Equals 3 losses!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:49:43 PM by redslope »

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2016, 11:49:40 PM »
1 assist from our pg

In order to get assists guys you know have to make shots. He is in a bad spot. He is far and away our best offensive player. Other than Ponds and maybe Bald Bull, no one else can score.

« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2016, 11:56:56 PM »
1 assist from our pg

In order to get assists guys you know have to make shots. He is in a bad spot. He is far and away our best offensive player. Other than Ponds and maybe Bald Bull, no one else can score.

He took 16 shots, most on the team. Not 1 was a free throw. St John's was in the bonus early in the 2nd half. Take the ball to the hoop and odds you are getting fouled and to the line. He is not the 3 point shooter he thinks he is.

Ponds is the best offensi player on the team

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2016, 11:58:55 PM »
Glad I don't have axs after reading this message chain. You guys should turn the butler game on and watch some good big east basketball

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »
1 assist from our pg

He took 16 shots, most on the team. Not 1 was a free throw. St John's was in the bonus early in the 2nd half. Take the ball to the hoop and odds you are getting fouled and to the line. He is not the 3 point shooter he thinks he is.

You mean the guy that want to come off the bench for Mussini?
Lovett is the best player. Ponds 2nd
Third best offensive player is at UNLV

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »
1 assist from our pg

You're right. Maybe Lovett should come off the bench. Dribbled the game away

« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2016, 12:13:18 AM »
1 assist from our pg

Yeah we would be much better w/o him. Maybe you should start a fake rumor about him leaving. Actually if Ponds, Lovett and SImon all leave then your favorite player will play next year.

« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2016, 12:21:02 AM »
1 assist from our pg

Yeah we would be much better w/o him. Maybe you should start a fake rumor about him leaving. Actually if Ponds, Lovett and SImon all leave then your favorite player will play next year.

Hopefully this trio gets St John's into the tournament in 3 years
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:21:24 AM by Marco Baldi »

Marillac

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2016, 12:23:21 AM »
1 assist from our pg

Ponds is second to no one.

« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2016, 07:07:42 AM »
Pathetic.  No desire.  No effort.

Poison

« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »
Maybe Jeff Goodman was spot on about Mullin.

Johnny23

« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
Butler takes down #8 Arizona last night. The BE is looking very strong and competitive nationally. 8th place in the conference is sounding about right for this team. Who knows, maybe 6th or 7th place if this team ever gets really coached up.

« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2016, 09:23:39 AM »
Butler takes down #8 Arizona last night. The BE is looking very strong and competitive nationally. 8th place in the conference is sounding about right for this team. Who knows, maybe 6th or 7th place if this team ever gets really coached up.
Who is going to coach them up?

Johnny23

« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2016, 09:25:42 AM »
Who is going to coach them up?

Maybe we do a straight up trade...Mitch Richmond for Mark Jackson.