Mitch Richmond needs to go!

• 75 replies
Re: Mitch Richmond needs to go!
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2016, 08:30:00 AM »
Maybe we can beg Zendon Hamilton to come back and coach the bigs.  No one will argue they were better with Zendon around.  Stop the bleeding!

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2016, 09:11:05 AM »
Maybe we can beg Zendon Hamilton to come back and coach the bigs.  No one will argue they were better with Zendon around.  Stop the bleeding!

Don't think Zendon is coming back. Heard he was pretty disruptive and became a distraction.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »

Don't think Zendon is coming back. Heard he was pretty disruptive and became a distraction.

Only guy I've ever heard get fired from a volunteer position.

Bring in Ty Grant

SJU79

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
I don't think the bigs have regressed I just think they are what they are. I posted earlier that they are long athletic shot blockers which puts them out of position to rebound thus preventing fast break opportunities and utilizing the strength of the team (speed  of guards) and got ripped for my observation. They play hard and  give max effort but are skinny with awful hands and no natural feel for the game. You could bring in the best big man coach in the world  and they will still be limited offensively. They are to be commended for maximizing what they have but they need to bring in more skilled post players (Reid). 

Foad

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 11:13:48 AM »

Only guy I've ever heard get fired from a volunteer position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56z-X94e-Hw

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2016, 01:05:18 PM »
I don't think the bigs have regressed I just think they are what they are. I posted earlier that they are long athletic shot blockers which puts them out of position to rebound thus preventing fast break opportunities and utilizing the strength of the team (speed  of guards) and got ripped for my observation. They play hard and  give max effort but are skinny with awful hands and no natural feel for the game. You could bring in the best big man coach in the world  and they will still be limited offensively. They are to be commended for maximizing what they have but they need to bring in more skilled post players (Reid). 

I don't think anything is being "maximized" by the staff or players. There is no doubt the bigs other than Owens have bad hands, but that can be improved. I watched a lot of the Jarvis practices as a student athlete and they did hands drills for the bigs like crazy. Say what you want about him as a coach, but his teams were always menacing on the paint.

There is no arguing your point about more skilled post players. We have the baseball rotation equivalent of a handful of #3 and #4 starters without an ace.

QuanMan

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »

Well said 79. In addition to your points, Anthony Livingston would've alleviated a lot of the front court's deficiencies. The staff knew what they were missing and looked for a traditional 4 man, Livingston would've covered a lot of ground. He's now averaging 12.7ppg/5rpg down at Texas Tech. Unfortunately he's not on campus and Amar kept his scholarship.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »

Well said 79. In addition to your points, Anthony Livingston would've alleviated a lot of the front court's deficiencies. The staff knew what they were missing and looked for a traditional 4 man, Livingston would've covered a lot of ground. He's now averaging 12.7ppg/5rpg down at Texas Tech. Unfortunately he's not on campus and Amar kept his scholarship.

Yes. Anthony LivinGston doing a great job against the likes of of  Utah St, North Texas, Eastern r Kentucky, Utah St, Idaho St and in the loss to Powerhouse Auburn.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:36:05 PM by Marco Baldi »

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2016, 03:57:59 PM »

Yes. Anthony LivinGston doing a great job against the likes of of  Utah St, North Texas, Eastern r Kentucky, Utah St, Idaho St and in the loss to Powerhouse Auburn.

I think he would have been just what the doctor ordered:  someone with hands on offense
that can catch a pass and covert while also not being backed down on the other end.

But this is a throwaway season in terms of wins and losses anyway, so might as well let the kids get experience. I see no way around playing RF at the four now since nobody else
gives us anything on offense but him.

cjfish

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2016, 05:42:04 PM »
Freud should take the team to ZUM STAMMTISCH......fatten up on German food....team needs 20lbs/man easily

TONYD3

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
Freud should take the team to ZUM STAMMTISCH......fatten up on German food....team needs 20lbs/man easily

I bet if you asked him. He would want to slim down, get a little quicker, and be more of a 3.

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
Tonyd  is right. Can someone tell me what he brings to the table?

Johnny23

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 06:23:09 PM »

I bet if you asked him. He would want to slim down, get a little quicker, and be more of a 3.

If he gets any slimmer he'll look like Brigitte Nielsen.

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Our assistants are not respected.  This I hear from everywhere

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 06:44:47 PM »
Please Explain or remove post

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 06:45:20 PM »

Why would I remove post?

TONYD3

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2016, 06:46:31 PM »

Why would I remove post?
Explain the post. That is all I am saying . Who says that?

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »

Why would I remove post?
Explain the post. That is all I am saying . Who says that?

I'm saying  Ritchmond is laughed at from other coaches

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2016, 06:51:02 PM »
So is our head coac an staff

Poison

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2016, 07:07:39 PM »

That may be so, but only heard writers like Jeff Goodman criticize Mullin, and he can see from his vantage point. I'd love to tell him to F off, but right now, no one can.