Mid-year transfers?

• 296 replies
Re: Mid-year transfers?
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
If it were that obvious that a underclassman was transferring at this point in the season, why didn't he leave with Sima? His transfer opened up a 2017 scholarship, which can very likely be Derrick Walker, that puts a glut at PF (Yakwe/Clark/Walker). Tariq and ZB will easily split the Center minutes. So for the most part the frontcourt is finished. Add in the ability to put Bash or Rich at the 4 in smaller lineups. That has me thinking it's very likely Amar or Darien's scholarship for another guard to come in like this SFla. transfer.

Williams is a senior. Fire Extinguisher boy probably get asked to leave or they let him walk on. Missini should leave because he's not good enough to play even for Saint John's. The rest of them have no reason to. If Lovett transferred he'd be a 22 year old sophomore who's played one year out of the past three. I suppose he could go to Europe. Ponds is likely BE freshman of the year, does he want to sit a year coming off that? Ellison can play 20 minutes in the BE or 25 minutes in the MAAC.

I might believe this you can't even call it  rumor, if perhaps someone over heard Tony Chiles talking about it in a bar in Valley Stream while he was out day drinking. But he's in the French Quarter.

Ponds or Lovett leaving really makes no sense for them or the school. That being said I fully expect both of them to transfer. WE ARE ST JOHN'S

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »
If it were that obvious that a underclassman was transferring at this point in the season, why didn't he leave with Sima? His transfer opened up a 2017 scholarship, which can very likely be Derrick Walker, that puts a glut at PF (Yakwe/Clark/Walker). Tariq and ZB will easily split the Center minutes. So for the most part the frontcourt is finished. Add in the ability to put Bash or Rich at the 4 in smaller lineups. That has me thinking it's very likely Amar or Darien's scholarship for another guard to come in like this SFla. transfer.

Williams is a senior. Fire Extinguisher boy probably get asked to leave or they let him walk on. Missini should leave because he's not good enough to play even for Saint John's. The rest of them have no reason to. If Lovett transferred he'd be a 22 year old sophomore who's played one year out of the past three. I suppose he could go to Europe. Ponds is likely BE freshman of the year, does he want to sit a year coming off that? Ellison can play 20 minutes in the BE or 25 minutes in the MAAC.

I might believe this you can't even call it  rumor, if perhaps someone over heard Tony Chiles talking about it in a bar in Valley Stream while he was out day drinking. But he's in the French Quarter.

Ponds or Lovett leaving really makes no sense for them or the school. That being said I fully expect both of them to transfer. WE ARE ST JOHN'S

Both shoot first guards

QuanMan

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Amar and Darien create two more scholarships in addition to Sima. Why is everyone flipping out? Amar is a goner.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »

Both shoot first guards

So is Mussini except he has no handle and couldn't stop you from trying to eat a salad
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:12:52 PM by we are sju »

Foad

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »

Both shoot first guards

So is Mussini except he has no handle and couldn't stop you from trying to eat a salad

1/3 fewer assists this year than Ahmed.

« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2016, 02:19:18 PM »
Amar and Darien create two more scholarships in addition to Sima. Why is everyone flipping out? Amar is a goner.

I know everyone is so quick to dismiss Amar but I like him. Look at him vs RF right now.

Physical maturity helps. Amar as senior would be better than most freshman.

I just don't like the use of most of our lineups, players. This team should be much better.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2016, 02:20:59 PM »
Williams already sat out last year. He may have sat out another because he transferred. He is not terrible. If healthy I hope he stays. If he isn't healthy enough to contribute. Let's keep him on scholarship but not on basketball team, like rob Thomas .
Mussini and Amar could go. They won't play next year.

TONYD3

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2016, 02:22:40 PM »

I know everyone is so quick to dismiss Amar but I like him. Look at him vs RF right now.

I just don't like the use of most of our lineups, players. This team should be much better.
Agreed. But he doesn't play physically. Name one game vs decent competition that he defended or rebounded.

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

Ponds LOVES New York and he wouldn't shy away from that. You think he wants to be known as the guy who ran away? No chance.

LoVett has little to no options left except professional ball and he'd be much better served sticking in school but having known him since a teen I wouldn't rule it out. He's played on countless travel teams and gone to a few high schools. However with all that said I still don't see him leaving.

The backcourt will be a little more crowded next year with Simon but still see Mussini and Ellison getting 20 mpg.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Johnny23

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »

Amar stinks and is easily replaceable. Any physical size he has is not being utilized to his advantage so that's moot.

Freud already averages more boards a game than Amar and his skill set is vastly better.

Foad

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2016, 02:26:27 PM »

I can see him having a really good Senior year. Sort of like James Scott situation. Right now he is really frustrating to watch.

Did you just compare Alibewith to James Scott, the one who played in the NBA? If Amar had a Donald Emanuel Kyle Cuffe senior year we should make a novena.

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »

Amar stinks and is easily replaceable. Any physical size he has is not being utilized to his advantage so that's moot.

Freud already averages more boards a game than Amar and his skill set is vastly better.

I can see him having a really good Senior year. Sort of like James Scott situation. Right now he is really frustrating to watch.

I I thought you meant Ahmad.
Amar might be better than German Fred Lyson but then again who cares, he stinks too.

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »

Did you just compare Alibewith to James Scott, the one who played in the NBA? If Amar had a Donald Emanuel Kyle Cuffe senior year we should make a novena.

Yeah thought Dave meant Bashir. Not sure why Dave was complimenting Aliallidoismissthreesovich.  He is awful. I guess compared to Der Kommissar he is ok but that is like comparing horse and dog shit

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »

Ponds LOVES New York and he wouldn't shy away from that. You think he wants to be known as the guy who ran away? No chance.

LoVett has little to no options left except professional ball and he'd be much better served sticking in school but having known him since a teen I wouldn't rule it out. He's played on countless travel teams and gone to a few high schools. However with all that said I still don't see him leaving.

The backcourt will be a little more crowded next year with Simon but still see Mussini and Ellison getting 20 mpg.

If Simon can play the other two shouldn't!

Foad

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2016, 02:32:52 PM »
Amar might be better than German Fred Lyson but then again who cares, he stinks too

No, he was talking about Amar, who's averaging 2 points and 2 rebounds a game and shooting 33 percent from the floor, 18 percent from three and 40 percent from the free throw line. Much rather have the German, at least he can spell rebound.

Agree about Ahmed, many JUCOs get much better year two: Scott, Hardy, Brownlee etc.

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2016, 02:36:26 PM »
Amar might be better than German Fred Lyson but then again who cares, he stinks too

No, he was talking about Amar, who's averaging 2 points and 2 rebounds a game and shooting 33 percent from the floor, 18 percent from three and 40 percent from the free throw line. Much rather have the German, at least he can spell rebound.

Agree about Ahmed, many JUCOs get much better year two: Scott, Hardy, Brownlee etc.

Yeah that was Dave's fault. I won't even slightly blame myself for not reading carefully. Only a crazy person would compliment Amar. Never thought anyone would do that let alone Dave. He should immediately suspend himself for posting and take a drug test.

Poison

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2016, 05:30:28 PM »

Ahmed is a much better comparison for James Scott, and Ahmed is a better shooter.

desco80

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »
Saw on twitter that the staff is pursing a guard transferring from USF.   Jahmal McMurray

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2016, 12:35:27 AM »

Yeah thought Dave meant Bashir. Not sure why Dave was complimenting Aliallidoismissthreesovich.  He is awful. I guess compared to Der Kommissar he is ok but that is like comparing horse and dog shit

I can't believe the way you write about amateur student athletes.  Come on.  You're better than that.   

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2016, 09:21:04 AM »

I can't believe the way you write about amateur student athletes.  Come on.  You're better than that.   

Amar is not a good Major College basketball player. What are you supposed to say about him. Seems like a nice kid and it is not his fault he was put into a situation where he is forced to play. But he is still not good. Amateur athlete thing is phooey. How much is a college education at ST John's now a days? Heck I hit 185 or something in college. I felt like I stole my ride. If there was a forum for my college baseball team and someone said I stunk I would have hit that Thank You button than Redmen.com has. Then I would have went back to my dorm room had a beer toasted my free ride then gotten laid with my faithful pickup line" Hi I am on the baseball team." ;) I am sure Amar and RF are fine even if people like us say they stink on some forum.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:35:46 AM by we are sju »