Mid-year transfers?

• 296 replies
Re: Mid-year transfers?
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2016, 05:59:39 PM »
They really should try to get more post men with that can score down low.

Foad or t6ad was right about Iona getting left over recruits like he use to get sloppy seconds.

Yup Grasso sure knows how to get the good ones.

SJU79

« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
Can we please get this fool Scheppy gone? Ive left because of him and his threats of physically violence and racists accusations towards me but still enjoy some of the reasonable and intellegent posts by others  but this fool hijacks them all while literlly adding or contributing nothing other than spewing hate and venom
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:31:19 PM by SJU79 »

Poison

« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
Can we please get this fool Scheppy gone? Ive left because of him and his threats of physically violence and racists accusations towards me but still enjoy some of the reasonable and intellegent posts by others  but this fool hijacks them all while literlly adding or contributing nothing other than spewing hate and venom

I think we all agree that Scheppy is a hard read, but where have you been threatened with violence? Most of the people on this board couldn't hurt a fly if they tried.

« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2016, 06:59:22 PM »
SJU79 the only post he posts something negative about me.

He is a wannabe trying to fit in.
If anybody threaten anybody was him when he said I would be sorry if I ever sad something bad about him.
I stick up for SJU and SJU79 tries to be a wannabe and has his head up Baldi ass.
I stick up the SJU staff and SJU 79 is to worry about kissing baldi ass.

MCNPA

« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
Depth is good, injuries and transfers happen, I like having 5 competent guards

We have 3 competent guards now. Mussini hurts us more than he helps us.
You don't think butler will give mussini an open look?

He's only good against the shit teams. I hope he doesn't play on Thursday. His defense is an embarrassment.

As a spotted fourth guard he is fine.  He will get his shots because of the penetrating ability of the other 3.  With Simon coming in we will have 5 serviceable guards with 2 capable of playing some 3 within the smallball concept.  Hopefully no guard transfers. Don't need anymore guards, give a scholly to some beef. 

Staff is preparing for 2 of the current 4 guards to be gone
. I'm hoping that's Mussini and Ellison then.  Not sure why either of the starters  would want to leave anyway, with tons of PT etc.  It seems illogical to be one of the starters.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:24:28 PM by MCNPA »

Poison

« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2016, 07:33:08 PM »

He's only good against the shit teams. I hope he doesn't play on Thursday. His defense is an embarrassment.

As a spotted fourth guard he is fine.  He will get his shots because of the penetrating ability of the other 3.  With Simon coming in we will have 5 serviceable guards with 2 capable of playing some 3 within the smallball concept.  Hopefully no guard transfers. Don't need anymore guards, give a scholly to some beef. 

. I'm hoping that's Mussini and Ellison then.  Not sure why either of the starters  would want to leave anyway, with tons of PT etc.  It seems illogical to be one of the starters.

If 2 out of the current 4 guards leave after this season, or during it, the Mullin experiment is a complete failure. But if you're asking how it's possible, look at our terrible coach. Some players don't like playing for a terrible coach.

MCNPA

« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2016, 07:40:18 PM »
I don't think he's terrible.  Our offense is better than it has been in decades.  We are also the second youngest team in America and handed Cuse their worst loss in Carrier dome history.  We are a work in progress with no big men,  but our starting guards have nothing to complain about.

Foad

« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2016, 07:52:46 PM »
The product of our recruiting efforts speaks for itself on the court and reflects in the standings.

Scheppy or schmoopie or whatever aside, the product of your recruiting efforts is that Iona is a second rate program slurping up the leftovers from programs like SJU, which program you pretend to be a fan of.  SJU would kick ass in the MAAC, you should hope we never make the logical move because your team would never win again, ever.

Bring it on. Pretty sure no one fears St John's.

You forgot to deny that you're not a SJU fan. Something of a dead give-away there.

Foad

« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2016, 07:56:45 PM »

I'm preparing for your girlfriend Missini leaving by buying balloons and a party hat. What's staff doing besides recruiting someone better than him and by better than him I mean animate?

« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2016, 08:07:06 PM »
I see that the Christmas spirit is gone already, one day after the good wishes to all. This potential SF transfer is causing much dissension within the ranks and he is not even part of the program.  :laugh:

wpc77

« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2016, 08:13:39 PM »
Dave I love this site but one poster is making it unreadable.

« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2016, 10:30:07 PM »

1 of those 2

« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2016, 10:31:28 PM »

I'm preparing for your girlfriend Missini leaving by buying balloons and a party hat. What's staff doing besides recruiting someone better than him and by better than him I mean animate?

Could care less if Mussini or anyone else leaves. Everyone is replaceable on a last place team

goredmen

« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2016, 11:54:00 PM »

Could care less if Mussini or anyone else leaves. Everyone is replaceable on a last place team

If you think Ponds is replaceable then you are out of your mind

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »

If you think Ponds is replaceable then you are out of your mind

He's a good player. Staff needs to get him a serviceable big to take the load off the next few years

NYCoffey

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2016, 08:57:27 AM »
I know we aren't playing well but if you look at his  stats, they are pretty ridiculous for a freshman through 13 games considering there were some good teams we played. I would definitely put Ponds a step better than good.

« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »
I don't believe you actually believe that taken literally.  Aside from the blue bloods, the good programs rely upon roster balance and a mix of solid upperclassmen with talented younger players.  If a group of freshman and sophs struggle, those kids may very well have success as juniors/seniors.  Need to give it time.

« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2016, 10:04:13 AM »
Ponds is playing not good as a freshman but great.
Every teams in the country loses player to transfer even Kentucky once in a while.
Hopefully they can get the Walker and Brown to be eligible next year so they can have post players that can score.
Hopefully Chris and Mitch are working with Yawkee and Owens with turn around jump shots close to the basket.
Because once they get inside presence to score Ponds and Marcus can drive and to hoop and pass to these guys so they can score easy buckets.

Poison

« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2016, 10:08:59 AM »
Ponds is playing not good as a freshman but great.
Every teams in the country loses player to transfer even Kentucky once in a while.
Hopefully they can get the Walker and Brown to be eligible next year so they can have post players that can score.
Hopefully Chris and Mitch are working with Yawkee and Owens with turn around jump shots close to the basket.
Because once they get inside presence to score Ponds and Marcus can drive and to hoop and pass to these guys so they can score easy buckets.

It's one thing when you lose a guy who isn't playing or who is a problem off the court, but St.John's can't afford to lose Ponds, LoVett or Ellison. They are the best young players on the team. If that happens, this experiment is over. Hopefully, they hire an actual coach this time.

« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2016, 10:15:56 AM »
I don't believe you actually believe that taken literally.  Aside from the blue bloods, the good programs rely upon roster balance and a mix of solid upperclassmen with talented younger players.  If a group of freshman and sophs struggle, those kids may very well have success as juniors/seniors.  Need to give it time.

What I'm saying is my world doesn't end if these kids choose to leave.
It's not like this is  a final 4 team.
But at this point, I'm not expecting Lovett, Ellison, Yakwe or Brown on the team next year