Sima Transferring

• 156 replies
Re: Sima Transferring
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »
Not good for this year. Wasnt playing great, with that said he was still our best scorer amongst the bigs and our biggest body.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2016, 04:58:21 PM »
Not good for this year. Wasnt playing great, with that said he was still our best scorer amongst the bigs and our biggest body.

He might have been the best back to the basket threat but I'm not so sure he was a better overall scoring threat, especially with the offense running as it has this season.

desco80

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2016, 05:21:19 PM »
Clark and Brown would've made him the 13th or 14th man next year. For someone with his size and potential that's just unacceptable personally. Factor in Naz Reid in 2018 and another potential 2018 big via transfer and he's practically forced to transfer hypothetically by the time he's a senior. Unfortunate.

I met him in Indianapolis and he was a complete gentleman. His trademark smile wasn't there all Fall, his body language was poor and last night's box score was evident that things had really soured.

I don't think that this was a rushed decision however. Eligibility wise this lines up with the NCAA requirements for 2nd semester 2018.

It's time for Amar, Rich and to a lowered degree Darien to rise up. They can't let this halt momentum. Go out, get the W on Sunday and adapt. Become better because of this. A very strict 9 man rotation moving forward.

You're assuming Brown is here next year and that Naz Reid signs.  I sincerely hope those dreams come to fruition.  But it's early

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »
Not going very far

desco80

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2016, 05:36:54 PM »
At the end of the day if sima doesn't want to do what it takes to be a member of the team. The best thing is he leaves. Would of liked to see him work at it and show some perseverance. Good luck  to you. Next man up!

Who said he didn't do what was being asked of him?
No one is suggesting he wasn't working hard, other than you.

I really want to put an end to bashing kids that leave the program.  Criticize when warranted not automatically. 

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:34 PM »
I didn't bash the kid, I said I would of liked to see him stick it out. He made his choice, I expressed my opinion on him deciding to leave.

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 06:06:28 PM »

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »
Wish him the best, but it is astute of Sima to see the writing on the wall. Owens is getting more light. If Amar can commit himself to being a true 4, a box-out, rebound first, body-on-body force in the paint, I really don't think we will miss Sima that much.

If no one steps us with the opportunity of minutes, then he will be missed.

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
For next year, as an alternative to the JUCO/grad transfer route, I'm wondering whether French can be an option now.  Did he sign his LOI?

Poison

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »
Rutgers

Not going very far

Is he transferring to Rutgers, or do you think that he might?

« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2016, 06:25:57 PM »
For next year, as an alternative to the JUCO/grad transfer route, I'm wondering whether French can be an option now.  Did he sign his LOI?

Signed w/ St. Louis
http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211285098

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2016, 06:48:59 PM »
Someone tweeted about his body language after Holyfield's shot and I went back and looked because I downloaded the game (dont laugh)
The entire team erupted into celebration and jumping around and he just slowly walked away from it all.

Must of known that would be his last game for St Johns. His sadness makes me think it was something he felt he had to do rather than something he really wanted to do. Everything I've heard was that he was a good kid and liked his teammates.

I wish him well, no need to bash him for not making the jump as quick as we thought.
As for the basketball portion, you can look at it both ways...addition by subtraction or he crushes our depth and we struggle a bit more. Lets see what happens.

Poison

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Out of Sima, Mussini, Ellison, Owens, Williams, LoVett, Yakwe and Alibegovic who had Sima leaving first? I suggested that he played in a conference that was above his ability, but I thought he was one of those good soldiers who would have worked to improve. I never like seeing it, but it's part of the game. You will always have guys that don't get the minutes they expected to play. How they handle it is up to them.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:08:51 PM by Poison »

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2016, 07:10:05 PM »
Losing Sima is certainly troubling.  What changed since the beginnimg of the year, why didn't he leave after last year ?

Poison

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »
Losing Sima is certainly troubling.  What changed since the beginnimg of the year, why didn't he leave after last year ?

Seems like he lost his job. I know Fordham is better now, but he spent 28 minutes on the bench thinking about how he wasn't playing against Fordham.

desco80

« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2016, 07:39:32 PM »

Owens happened.  But more importantly, I think Lovett and Ponds proved the team is going to be run through them.  Last year when he played Sima was somewhat of a focal point.  Not anymore.  Now he's just being asked to rebound for the real scorers. 

Wods317

« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2016, 07:47:56 PM »

Owens happened.  But more importantly, I think Lovett and Ponds proved the team is going to be run through them.  Last year when he played Sima was somewhat of a focal point.  Not anymore.  Now he's just being asked to rebound for the real scorers. 

I disagree that him transferring is troubling. Kids transfer now a days all the time. He wasn't playing well and his playing time seems like it's only going to get less and less going into next year with an even deeper roster. I like Sima but he most have saw the writing on the wall and wasn't going to be happy with his role moving forward. Happens all the time now. Good uck to him.

« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »
Who knows.  These are kids, after all.  Think about the decisions we made at that age.  Seems like a tight knit group so I don't think it is an issue of team unity. 

I was a fan of the kid and think he has upside, so obviously not happy.  Unfortunately this happens to almost every program these days, with increasing frequency.

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2016, 08:30:21 PM »

Both Yakwe and Sima played 12 minutes.

boo3

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2016, 08:41:47 PM »
 I'm not sure how it's ever a good thing, especially at a school with St. John's recent struggles, to lose a 6'11 big man that isn't a total stiff, but such is life..   Wish him well, seemed like a good kid.