Sima Transferring

• 156 replies

redslope

Re: Sima Transferring
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2016, 10:18:14 PM »
My point is simple. You need big east players and big east bodies to compete. Mussini is going to look great tomorrow. He is skilled and a very good basketball player. After that he is a 6'1 spot up shooter. The German and Amar won't be able guard anyone after tomorrow. I really like Owens, but he isn't 200 pounds and he gets in foul trouble. No coach is going to change any of that. Williams has been terrible. Hoping he can help.

Nova does pretty good with a 3 guard lineup and Reynolds at 6'9" and Jenkins at 6'6".  Right now we are a guard oriented team with 2 good ones.

Poison

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2016, 12:10:43 AM »
He improved in all areas.  Not in leaps and bounds but he improved.  Biggest thing was his motor and that He struggled fitting into our offense which is probably related.  Him leaving isnt best for all parties.  7 footers with his mobility dont grow on trees.

Not sure what player you watched this season to think he improved. I can't think of one thing he does better this year compared to last year. He still can't score with his back to the basket, still can't shoot from the midrange, decent defensively but not much different from last year. Last year I thought sky was the limit for him I was very disappointed by his play this year. Owens has better than him most of the time.

Not saying it's a good thing he left, but I didn't say any improvement whatsoever

Guess we saw different things.  His low post moves and his shooting stroke improved. 

I guess. The scouting report other teams have on him is to obviously let him try and score with his back to the basket. I don't recall many double teams sent at him when he caught the ball on the block and I don't think there'd be any chance he'd be able to find the open guy and get it to him

He's the only player on our team that has made a back to the basket move all year.  I guess we'll just post up Mussini

He makes back to the basket moves but he doesn't score when doing so. He doesn't have the touch. Maybe that will improve over time but he's no better at that than he was last year. And just because he's the only one that has made a back to the basket doesn't mean he's good at it. Obviously Yakwe and Owens can't do it either. That's why we shoot so many 3s

A couple a game is better than none.  Kid is 10 games into his sophomore year.  Still plenty of time to improve but since he's not shooting 70% and scoring 20 a game then good riddens to him.

If you look at him starting at the beginning of last year to this year there was a lot of improvement.   Doesn't mean I think he was a firstbround pick or other teams needed to gameplan for him. 

Don't blame the fans because the kid quit. He's the only center and instead of working harder he quit. I don't care if he has talent, if he doesn't want to work for his minutes they can go to someone who does.

Marillac

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2016, 12:27:16 AM »
My point is simple. You need big east players and big east bodies to compete. Mussini is going to look great tomorrow. He is skilled and a very good basketball player. After that he is a 6'1 spot up shooter. The German and Amar won't be able guard anyone after tomorrow. I really like Owens, but he isn't 200 pounds and he gets in foul trouble. No coach is going to change any of that. Williams has been terrible. Hoping he can help.

Nova made it to the Final Four with Michael Nardi playing 30 mpg as a 6'1 spot up shooter.

goredmen

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2016, 02:22:58 AM »

Nova made it to the Final Four with Michael Nardi playing 30 mpg as a 6'1 spot up shooter.

Nova never made the final 4 with Mike Nardi

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »

They made the Elite 8 with Nardi.  As, most of us do know, those Villanova teams was typically undersized and extremely, guard-oriented.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 10:52:37 AM by mjdinkins »

ras

« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2016, 11:09:40 AM »
Maybe he was just unhappy at SJU. PT is there for the taking . Yakwe and Owens are both PFs  Yakwe  is also struggling and Owens is a toothpick. What BE caliber center is he going to beat out for PT, the way he played? Maybe he was disappointed in the staffs development of the bigs. Mullin and Mitch are doing a nice job w the guards and wings, but who is developing the bigs. Yakwes and Simas lack of development is a cause for concern.

TONYD3

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2016, 11:50:17 AM »

They made the Elite 8 with Nardi.  As, most of us do know, those Villanova teams was typically undersized and extremely, guard-oriented.
Mussini is not Mike nardi. Wish he was

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
Big 12 and Big 10 programs on Sima

« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2016, 07:04:27 PM »
He posted on his Instagram story today watching the game "rooting" for "his boys".

I take it this is strictly a playing time move, hope he gets what he wants.

Poison

« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2016, 07:09:38 PM »

Where is he going to get minutes?

« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2016, 07:31:44 PM »

Probably at a program that will coach him up

« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2016, 07:43:12 PM »
What programs  Michigan State and Kansas

« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
What programs  Michigan State and Kansas

You'll find out soon enough

Poison

« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »

He needs to do his part, too.

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »

He did. He transferred

Poison

« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2016, 08:52:30 PM »

He did. He transferred

I think Mullin is a terrible coach, but Sima is lazy.

goredmen

« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »

He did. He transferred

Think I agree with you. If Sima was the only one that has shown zero improvement since last year I'd say it's on him. But Yakwe also hasn't improved and may have even regressed. That's a trend, and that's on the staff. Add that with the Lavinesque lack of in-game coaching ability and you can't really fault a kid like Sima for jumping ship. I hope this also doesn't become a trend

« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Per Zach - Pittsburgh and Rutgers interested in Sima.

Johnny23

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »
Rutgers sounds like a good fit for Sima. A D1 bottom feeder.

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2016, 02:01:13 PM »
Oklahoma and Oklahoma St involved