Butler

• 328 replies

wpc77

Re: Butler
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 01:30:40 PM »
Back to the opponent - Butler is weak at rebounding the ball.  Need to run quickly and efficiently, especially off of missed shots by Butler, to win this game. 

On defense, Butler is excellent from outside.  Butler's system is going to get them open looks and our defense in general isn't going to become good overnight.  So instead need to focus on disrupting passing lanes and trying to get their bigs to make mistakes when passing out of the post. Need Bash to do a very good job on defending Kelan Martin.  Throw Owens and his long arms at him on double teams to force some bad decisions in the post.

This game can be won if it's a horserace.

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 07:03:47 PM »
What channel is this game on?

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
FS1

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 08:01:49 PM »
FS1

I thought today was Thursday. Lots of braincells lost this week

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2016, 01:32:34 AM »

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2016, 08:33:07 AM »
At 6&7 we are 8 point underdogs to the 13th ranked team in the country.  Will we be happy if we cover the spread, have a good competitive game or will we only be happy with the W?

Wods317

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
At 6&7 we are 8 point underdogs to the 13th ranked team in the country.  Will we be happy if we cover the spread, have a good competitive game or will we only be happy with the W?

A good competitive game should be the minimum we are looking for at home. A win would be great but having seen this team play a couple games the matchup with our defense (which has been better but still poor) against one of the more efficient offenses in the country will be tough. Will we play more like we did against Penn St and get blown out or more like we did against Cuse and be right there with a chance to win? Young group so no way of knowing. Hopefully they get hyped for the first conference home game with what should be a good crowd.

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »
Butler is a well-oiled machine offensively.  Textbook execution - make the extra pass, set strong screens, move without the ball, etc. - and they have some skilled guys who can hit shots.  I wouldn't circle this one as a potential upset win despite being in CA. 

TONYD3

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
Many of you just think I am  just complaining. I would be very happy with a well played game. Competing vs a good team at home is very reasonable expectation.

cjfish

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2016, 10:14:02 AM »
We need to roll the dice and press everywhere to give their offense less time to operate.  If they beat the press so be it.

Poison

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »
We need to roll the dice and press everywhere to give their offense less time to operate.  If they beat the press so be it.

Everyone has to give 100%. That's all I ask. That goes for the players and the staff.

TONYD3

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »
Game is close to sold out. Only single tickets left.

Wods317

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2016, 02:13:22 PM »

That is good. I will be on those in attendance tonight.

TONYD3

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2016, 02:14:08 PM »

That is good. I will be on those in attendance tonight.
Not me

ras

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »
Butler is a well-oiled machine offensively.  Textbook execution - make the extra pass, set strong screens, move without the ball, etc. - and they have some skilled guys who can hit shots.  I wouldn't circle this one as a potential upset win despite being in CA. 
The above description about Butler shows the importance of a good coaching staff.

Johnny23

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
The above description about Butler shows the importance of a good coaching staff.

Yep. It's years of running the same system and repetition and their guys all buy into it for the betterment of the team.

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2016, 02:39:42 PM »

Yep. It's years of running the same system and repetition and their guys all buy into it for the betterment of the team.
Totally agree. Holtman is a great coach and butler runs a first class program.

Results haven't been good this season but our offense does show this kind of potential. Hoping we can maintain roster continuity and build on it 

Johnny23

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2016, 03:20:43 PM »

Totally agree. Holtman is a great coach and butler runs a first class program.

Results haven't been good this season but our offense does show this kind of potential. Hoping we can maintain roster continuity and build on it

+1

Wods317

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
Game is sold out. As it should be.

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
9 point spread