Creighton

• 405 replies
Re: Creighton
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
Start Amar over Yakwe. Bang everyone's All American Patton around for 3 or 4 minutes. Get under his skin.

Amar going to get under his skin by shooting threes? Hey maybe it will work, it certainly gets under my skin.

« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
Start Amar over Yakwe. Bang everyone's All American Patton around for 3 or 4 minutes. Get under his skin.

Amar going to get under his skin by shooting threes? Hey maybe it will work, it certainly gets under my skin.

Ya I guess it's crucial to the gameplan to have Yakwe and his 4 points and 4 rebounds in there

TONYD3

« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:57 AM »

The only thing Amar should be preparing to do is wave his towel.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:05:06 AM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2017, 10:05:56 AM »

Ya I guess it's crucial to the gameplan to have Yakwe and his 4 points and 4 rebounds in there

Amar is not a banger. He shoots and misses threes. We have the worst front court in the BE and he is our worst front court player. He should only play if there is a zombie apocalypse and every other front court guy has turned already.

Marillac

« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »
Justin the Mailman Patton 17-36 from the charity stripe. All damn day. Start Amar the Goon and foul him hard every time he touches the ball. Foul him even when he's not touching the ball

I'm hoping they do use some sort of hack a strategy

He's a freshman averaging 13 and 6...let's not get carried away.

Regardless of whether you think Patton is as good as the hype, wouldn't a hack strategy generally work on a player that shoots 75% from the field and 47% from the line? We have 20 fouls between Owens, Yakwe, Williams and Amar and Creighton generally isn't a team that gets to the line all that often so foul trouble shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I don't think the strategy would be to foul him every single time down the court like they do in the NBA, but if he catches the ball in a somewhat decent position to score then hack him and make him make a couple free throws. If done correctly it could prevent our guards from helping down low leaving their shooters open too

He scores half his points on alley-oops and open jumpers. It's not like they are pounding the ball down to him all game. We're really overdoing it. What should scare us more is that Thomas will be the best defender Ponds has ever played against, Watson may be the only PG that can match Lovett's quickness, and they are a relentless, well-coached offensive team.

Besides, like Foad said, when do we need to tell our bigs to foul? Now, if the big man is about to throw down a wide open dunk...different story. The key to beating this team is slowing down Watson and denying Foster. 

Marillac

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »

Amar is not a banger. He shoots and misses threes. We have the worst front court in the BE and he is our worst front court player. He should only play if there is a zombie apocalypse and every other front court guy has turned already.

Disagree. Every now and then AA comes on with a focused assignment and executes. He's the heaviest man in this game and should be in slow big man heaven against Creighton. Big opportunity for Yakwe, Williams,  AA, or the Freud to step up. 

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2017, 10:31:41 AM »

Disagree. Every now and then AA comes on with a focused assignment and executes. He's the heaviest man in this game and should be in slow big man heaven against Creighton. Big opportunity for Yakwe, Williams,  AA, or the Freud to step up. 

You also think Lovett should not start. Dave should ban you 10 games for that and posthumously for being a Geno fan.

On a serious note both guards and Ahmed have to play really well and two of Yakwe, Owens and Williams have to give us something or we are going to get killed. Creighton is good. We are playing better and love the optimism but if we understandably lose by 15 or 20 the "bitchers" will be back
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:32:47 AM by we are sju »

Foad

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »
We have the worst front court in the BE and he is our worst front court player. He should only play if there is a zombie apocalypse and every other front court guy has turned already.

Don't be hasty. There might be zombies who can contribute more than Alibegowtz.

Johnny23

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »
So now Freud is a banger/low post guy and Amar is the 2nd coming of Rick Mahorn  ::)

« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »
So now Freud is a banger/low post guy and Amar is the 2nd coming of Rick Mahorn  ::)

Available in bookstores soon "Marillac and Bluto on Roundball"
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:38:05 AM by we are sju »

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2017, 10:50:20 AM »
Amar doesn't get physical, usually gets two fouls in locker room pre game, has mastered the Euro step drive resulting in a walk & gets beat back door often. No thanks!

« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »
Amar doesn't get physical, usually gets two fouls in locker room pre game, has mastered the Euro step drive resulting in a walk & gets beat back door often. No thanks!

See that is the thing, Mussini, RF and Amar seem like good kids and for the most part feel bad for bashing them. But mostly they aren't preemptive bashing's, people keep asking them to do more than their abilities allow which then leads sane people to point out their obvious shortcomings.

wpc77

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »

Exactly.  Yakwe has to mature and step up eventually, and we really don't have any other option (this is where we really needed the crazy cop-puncher Livingston or even better a similar 5th year transfer without the baggae). Yakwe has the talent and the physical ability.  Amar has neither.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 11:13:01 AM by wpc77 »

TONYD3

« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2017, 11:02:43 AM »
Rotation needs to get smaller. The Europeans don't play unless it's a blowout.

« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
Looks like there are 503 tickets left on ticketmaster right now.

« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2017, 12:05:54 PM »
Use promo PACKTHEHOUSE get $10 off.

Marillac

« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »

Yeah, writing that this a game some of our big forwards could step up in clearly  means Freud is a "banger" and AA is Mahorn🙄 You know those Creighton PFs are renowned for their physicality. 🙄

paultzman

« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2017, 12:26:40 PM »
Per Zags
St. John's will have Luther Muhammad and Boubacar Diakite at tonight's game.

In good shape for Luther it  appears.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:27:11 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2017, 12:39:42 PM »
Per Zags
St. John's will have Luther Muhammad and Boubacar Diakite at tonight's game.

In good shape for Luther it  appears.

Always think of 48 hours whenever I hear the name Luther

Reggie: Yo Luther man, you better tell this boy what he needs to know, he's having a ball with his car door.

[Luther lungs at Reggie but Jack caught him around the neck and starts slamming him against the car door another few more times]

Reggie: [Smiling] Luther, are you angry with me?

Marillac

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2017, 12:48:22 PM »

I agree with all of that except the physical part. AA has two modes:  Bam Bam and "try not to foul." I thought  he was solid  in the DePaul game--solid being that he didn't hurt us. Limited players like AA tend to have a few games a year where they make a difference (Syracuse last year). On paper, this is their best chance.