Creighton

• 405 replies
Re: Creighton
« Reply #140 on: January 04, 2017, 04:26:47 PM »
Patton has gone to the line 2 times or less in 9 games this year. Body him up and live with the results. Bigger things to worry about.

He has two moves....goes to the up-and-under by default. He'll hook it over or smaller defenders like he did to Paschall of Nova or around stiffs. Everything else is lobs, dunks, or open jumpers.

Of course, I've now set the stage for his 40 and 18 coming out party.

In 25 minutes he is averaging 13 and 6.5 shooting 74%. No that is not a mistype 74%
And though averaging 6.5 boards in 25 mins in not spectacular, as a team Creighton is shooting 54%. Yes 54% So basically there are hardly any offensive rebounds to get.
And just to put numbers in context Ewing as a Frosh 12.7 and 7.5. No that he is anywhere close to Pat but based off the arguments on here about  Patton, if there was a SJU board in 1982 the 1982 version of some of you would be posting why worry about Ewing only averaging 12.7 and 7.5

You are a pro at taking something that isnt even there and running with it. No one is saying that he is not good.

"He's a freshman averaging 13 and 6...let's not get carried away."

"Patton is just a frosh and I don't think he's big enough to bully Owens like many of the jacked guys he's struggled against. "

"Patton is good, but he's not a phenom by any stretch....he looks like a slightly better version of Sima to me. The way you beat Owens  this year is by going through him. Patton has scored on finesse moves thus far."

"Ha! He moves like a robot. I could see him being a backup if he polished up his game, but this is not the type of talent some of you think. His current draft projection will slide down to second round with time. "

" Best big averaging 6 RPG? GTFOH."

I really could go on

Made by one poster who is just trying to say he isnt our biggest concern.

Oh you mean the poster who I was responding to???

"but based off the arguments on here about  Patton, if there was a SJU board in 1982 the 1982 version of some of you would be posting why worry about Ewing only averaging 12.7 and 7.5"

Full disclosure I think you're one of the better posters here. You just have a knack for picking small tidbits, generalizing them across a large group of the board, and then perpetrating those same arguments by starting threads and continuously bringing it up.

Full disclosure ever since my buddy Marillac (who I like but sometimes his basketball tastes are worse than his taste in UCONN women)  said he thinks it was a good idea for Lovett not to start, I made it my mission to heckle him whenever he posts something silly.

So yes should have just said Marillac instead of posters, but was initially including you but after further thought I gave you a pass on Delgado who is better than Patton right now but I think we could have more problems with Patton just based on size.

I simply said "I don't mind" Lovett coming off the bench temporarily since we've started all but two games strong and he's going to play 30+ mpg anyway. You imputed the rest to me to complete that straw man

Patton is a good player, but he's not Anthony Davis.  He just happens to be the kind of big that  Owens can (likely) handle. He had to redshirt last year because he was too frail. He hasn't gone through anyone yet in his career, and that's how you punish Owens. As for invoking Ewing, that's just crazy. GG Achuiwa averaged 10 and 6 in 29 minutes his first year.

Watson and Foster are the guys that you need to stop to win. 

I don't think Patton is great but he is good and our front line is not. I can easily see him putting up career numbers vs Yakwe who he is 6 inches taller than and Owens who might foul out in 20 mins.

I agree it is all about the guards but if that is a push, then the problem is they have a Patton and we don't. So yes unless both our guards have off games-in which case we will get killed- I think this game comes down to how we guard Patton.

« Reply #141 on: January 04, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »
As far as predictions-think we lose 86-80. Some things could go out way to win, of course Ponds and Lovett will get a lot of attention so Bash and Ellison will need to have good games, especially on the defensive glass.

« Reply #142 on: January 04, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
46 Creighton
39 SJU
at the half

90 Creighton
74 SJU
Final

Johnny23

« Reply #143 on: January 04, 2017, 05:07:11 PM »
I think the Johnnies play them tough but Creighton has too much size and experience on the floor and on the CS in the end.

Creighton - 91
SJU-83

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2017, 05:07:52 PM »
Creighton by 10

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »
Headed to the game tonight had a question for you guys. Can you park in the parking garage by the lacrosse field without a St. John's parking pass? Thanks.

« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »
RF with a few threes tonight could help offset Huff who is bound to kill us.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2017, 05:49:39 PM »

The guy is bound to have a good game soon here. He has been open a good bit, but everyone else has been playing so well he hasn't been needed.

I'm expecting him to have a few 10+ pt games during BE play mixed in with a few 0-4 performances.

« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2017, 05:57:40 PM »
Headed to the game tonight had a question for you guys. Can you park in the parking garage by the lacrosse field without a St. John's parking pass? Thanks.

Yes, parked there against Butler.

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »

Ponds will rain 3's and get 47 like Bootsy at the Garden vs. Duke, I'll take OT but hope we win it, and not lose it.

« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Let's go, win this fckn game

« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:03 PM »
Lovett needs to play smarter, killing us

« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
Get another foul on Karl Malone

« Reply #153 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:57 PM »
An ugly start.

« Reply #154 on: January 04, 2017, 08:58:13 PM »
Creighton seems to be pretty disciplined on defense so far

« Reply #155 on: January 04, 2017, 09:01:17 PM »
Ellison would be dangerous if he had some brains

« Reply #156 on: January 04, 2017, 09:03:18 PM »
Why do we walk the ball up after made baskets? Get it out and go

« Reply #157 on: January 04, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »

Agree.  Push the ball!

« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »

The speed is there, not sure the decision making is there just yet.

« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2017, 09:08:33 PM »
Amar just isn't a smart player.