Creighton

• 405 replies
Re: Creighton
« Reply #400 on: January 06, 2017, 09:44:09 AM »
BTW  I am just happy I spelled Bluiett correctly. Lot of vowels in there

Perhaps he's related to alto/tenor/baritone saxophone great Hamiet Bluiett of World Saxophone Quartet fame?

He really bluiett.

However you spell it at least I didn't compare him to Sima. Figure throw the heat back on Marillac

« Reply #401 on: January 06, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »
BTW  I am just happy I spelled Bluiett correctly. Lot of vowels in there

Perhaps he's related to alto/tenor/baritone saxophone great Hamiet Bluiett of World Saxophone Quartet fame?

He really bluiett.

Good one kid.

Hamiet Bluiett
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:42:37 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Marillac

« Reply #402 on: January 06, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
Dom pointer who became one of my favorite players of all time couldn't catch and throw a basketball early on. I don't think yakwe is regressing. But I also didn't think he would be all big east like some of you.

Not true. Dom had good hands. He just couldn't dribble or shoot like the guard he thought he was and played for a coach that let him do anything.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #403 on: January 06, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
Truth - you should send an e-mail to AD Anton Goff to let him know why it was such a bad experience. I'm sure he's heard this but the more he hears it, the more he'll understand why fans don't like attending at CA.  Maybe he should spend part of a game sitting in upper section to get true experience.

Yakwe is a complete butterfingers.  Hope the verbal recruit Diakite is not a carbon copy.  Then agsin, if Yakwe ever decides to pary ways, Diakite  may be less inclined to formally committ.

We need bodies !!!

Amar is just awful. 

Lovett driving into the lane getting stripped I'd getting tiring.  No time for highlight moves when you're down.

Ellison thinks he deserves the shot every time.  Tiring.

I emailed Anton Goff per your suggestion and he actually wrote me back. I basically said what I posted here, and said I had posted it in an online forum that supports the men's basketball team and a lot of people agreed etc.

[thetruth8734],

Thanks for your feedback. Your support and honesty is appreciated. We are always continuing to look for ways to improve our fan experience. I absolutely agree that the arena is well overdue for certain upgrades and we will try to address those needs. All the best to you and the online support group you belong to. Take care.

Anton E. Goff
Director of Athletics

St. John's University Athletics
Carnesecca Arena, Room A116
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
Tel 718-990-6173

« Reply #404 on: January 06, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »
Aweome...glad my suggestion seemed to yield a very encouraging tesponse.

Another sign this AD is really trying to do right by the student/alum/fan base.

Johnny23

« Reply #405 on: January 06, 2017, 02:09:35 PM »
Dom pointer who became one of my favorite players of all time couldn't catch and throw a basketball early on. I don't think yakwe is regressing. But I also didn't think he would be all big east like some of you.

Not true. Dom had good hands. He just couldn't dribble or shoot like the guard he thought he was and played for a coach that let him do anything.

Dom had good hands his senior year along with every other part of his game being dramatically better in his final year. His hands were definitely shaky in his first few years here. Jakarr Sampson had bad hands, almost Yakwe like.