Creighton

• 405 replies
Re: Creighton
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 10:28:50 PM »
Start Amar over Yakwe. Bang everyone's All American Patton around for 3 or 4 minutes. Get under his skin.

goredmen

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 10:33:38 PM »
Patton is averaging 13 and 6 a game, so is Ahmed. Big fckn deal

Ahmed takes 3 more shots per game than Patton does

If he grabbed more rebounds, he might get more put back chances

Yep, needs to boost that terrible 75% FG% of his somehow

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »

Wow! They should pass him the ball more with that percentage

MCNPA

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 10:36:36 PM »
I'd add that oddly enough Creighton has the second lowest FT percentage in the league. Something that could help down the stretch.

boo3

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
 Reading this thread is great.  What a turnabout. We went from not winning a BE game 2 weeks ago to expecting to handle #10 at home.   Love it.

goredmen

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »

Wow! They should pass him the ball more with that percentage

I actually agree with you there

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2017, 10:41:07 PM »
Justin the Mailman Patton 17-36 from the charity stripe. All damn day. Start Amar the Goon and foul him hard every time he touches the ball. Foul him even when he's not touching the ball

MCNPA

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
Justin the Mailman Patton 17-36 from the charity stripe. All damn day. Start Amar the Goon and foul him hard every time he touches the ball. Foul him even when he's not touching the ball
... and make Patton foul Williams on the block all day.  Take him out of the game.  Darien shoots threes better than Patton shoots free throws...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:50:24 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2017, 11:43:10 PM »

Ha!  Sounds like something John Chaney would've done, if he was still coaching.  By the way, I also agree with an occasional press, as MCN mentioned.   

This is the most pumped I've been for a game since our first game of the season. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:44:21 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2017, 11:49:32 PM »

I'm hoping they do use some sort of hack a strategy
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »

I don't want to get in foul trouble early.  That said, they haven't been a real good ft shooting team.  First half, stout half court defense as well as trapping 3/4 and or a bit of pressing.  Slow down their offense.  Second half, if Patton gets us down low, send him to the line a bit.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:06:55 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:08 AM »
6.5 dogs, not bad.
6.5 dogs, not bad.

Yea lined opened at 6. I referenced that above. Surprised by that.
So would you guys sign up for a 6 1/2 point loss right now?  ;) :)

Marillac

« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:56 AM »
You guys make Patton sound like Karl Malone

Hahaha It's insane.

Marillac

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2017, 12:11:19 AM »

He's a freshman averaging 13 and 6...let's not get carried away.

goredmen

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:39 AM »

He's a freshman averaging 13 and 6...let's not get carried away.

Regardless of whether you think Patton is as good as the hype, wouldn't a hack strategy generally work on a player that shoots 75% from the field and 47% from the line? We have 20 fouls between Owens, Yakwe, Williams and Amar and Creighton generally isn't a team that gets to the line all that often so foul trouble shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I don't think the strategy would be to foul him every single time down the court like they do in the NBA, but if he catches the ball in a somewhat decent position to score then hack him and make him make a couple free throws. If done correctly it could prevent our guards from helping down low leaving their shooters open too

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »
“I feel like if we just limit their transition buckets and slow Maurice Watson down we have a good shot,” Ponds said Tuesday. “He’s a great player and a smart guy. … It’s gonna take a team effort against him because he rarely has turnovers and he knows how to get his teammates involved.“If we get them out of their game and play half-court, we have a great chance.”

Patton is a good, developing player, but slowing down Creighton guards and tempo are keys IMO.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/03/two-big-time-guards-stand-in-the-way-of-st-johns-revival/
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:32:48 AM by paultzman »

Foad

« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2017, 08:28:04 AM »

Since when do our bigs require a special strategy to hack people.

« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:18 AM »

Since when do our bigs require a special strategy to hack people.

lol touche.

« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2017, 09:29:29 AM »
“I feel like if we just limit their transition buckets and slow Maurice Watson down we have a good shot,” Ponds said Tuesday. “He’s a great player and a smart guy. … It’s gonna take a team effort against him because he rarely has turnovers and he knows how to get his teammates involved.“If we get them out of their game and play half-court, we have a great chance.”

Patton is a good, developing player, but slowing down Creighton guards and tempo are keys IMO.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/03/two-big-time-guards-stand-in-the-way-of-st-johns-revival/

Agree it starts in the backcourt of focusing on Watson + Foster. Heck Thomas too. Guys can't get lackadaisical on defensive assignment. Shot blockers need to be disciplined if Watson is in the lane. He's 5'9 don't need to jump so he can dump to Patton. Stay grounded.

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2017, 09:43:27 AM »
Start Amar over Yakwe. Bang everyone's All American Patton around for 3 or 4 minutes. Get under his skin.
Dave should suspend you 5 games for this
Dave you should put in a ban when people post dumb basketball stuff. I don't mind dumb random stuff but the above is a dumb basketball comment and he should be punished